[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Permsteading.com • View topic - Lemicha's Aussie Place SANDPIT rocket heater n sculpture

Lemicha's Aussie Place SANDPIT rocket heater n sculpture

Start a thread for your 'stead!

Moderator: matt walker

Re: Lemicha's Aussie Place SANDPIT rocket heater n sculptu

Postby Lemicha » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:30 am

Yes...sorry I haven't been able to spend the time on the computer! :/ First lot of floods hit our town but I was high n dry thankfully. We haven't copped any of the rain that has recently been creating havoc elsewhere. The heat has been oppressive and not long after my last post it became too hot to work out there. Instead I had to work on protecting the rest of the property from the heat with hay. Many plants are dying as we have also been getting the really hot winds that just suck all moisture from the plants. Mix in a computer that overheats and shuts down all the time, kids, planning to go over to my man (in Sweden) for a visit and my time to work on posting pics and info has been pushed onto the backburner. So frustrating. Sorry about that. Heading overseas again soon for a few months and then hopefully when I get back I can start again on my project as the weather will be heading towards the cold again. Realized that I cannot ignore that I will have to remove the garden next to my cobwork which means cutting down established plants that makes me sad. Better in the long run though. Hopefully I will be more focused when I return as I won't be so stressed from not having my youngest daughter near her Pappa. I do have more pics but not the time to go through them. My computer cannot cope with showing me pages filled with thumbnails and going through hundreds of photos individually is just too time consuming at the moment. I have learnt quite a bit though about the different clays, gravels and rocks that I have been working with. Can't wait to share...hoping that maybe I can make some time to go into it when I am overseas and not feeling so overwhelmed with jobs to do. Fingers crossed my computer will behave over there. It really needs stripping down and cleaning (laptop). Wish I could upgrade but thats still way down the list of priorities. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to use the pictures on my facebook page, rather than flickr??? Hope everyone is well and again sorry I am taking so long to get back here.
Someone else's opinion of you does not have to become your reality.
Dream like a child...Plan like an adult
Lemicha

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:22 am

No Worries Lemicha, No pressure, I was just very interested in your progress. It sounds like you have made a bit of progress but have had other priorities in your life take charge. That happens to us all, don't worry. We will be here listening when ever you have the time to reply. :D Good luck with the kids, I hope your trip is very enjoyable. Glad to hear that you were high and dry during the flooding. Keep us posted when ever you have the time. :D
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby boo » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:16 am

Enjoy your trip Lemicha.....sorry to hear that you're losing a lot of plants from this horrid heat (it's just been going on for so long). I look forward to your post when time permits. Take care and have a safe trip!
boo

Previous

Return to Members' 'steads