SE TN Stead

Start a thread for your 'stead!

Moderator: matt walker

Re: SE TN Stead

Postby mannytheseacow » Wed May 21, 2014 7:24 pm

You're really making some progress, Wiley. Congrats on the new axe handle!

It looks like you have opened a huge can of worms (in a good way). You must have projects coming out of your ears!
"Knowledge is power. Arm yourself."
mannytheseacow

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Thu May 22, 2014 12:44 pm

I like your wife's Derby hat, so appropriate for the most exciting 2 minutes in Sports, ;) My son went to school in Louisville and has a Big Kentucky Derby Party every year. Some day I will explain his recipe for mint juleps. :lol: Loved the pictures. :D
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby wileythenord » Fri May 23, 2014 11:50 am

Ok last pics for this week, I promise lol.

Raised beds, I've just got 2 this year, I'm harvesting some trees to use for about 4 more raised beds for next year. I just plan on using 6 inch logs as my "holding Material" instead of boards. Those are sweet potatoes I'm trying to take to slips
First of many berry bushes
Potato patch that was planned, I dug a 4-6 inch hole, put my mel's mix in the hole, planted seed potatoes and have been covering with decaying sawdust since.
Potato patch that wasn't planned, I dug down into the edge of my mulch/compost and put a few seed potatoes and one store bought tater that went to seed, somehow that one is a monster plant
wileythenord

Postby Lollykoko » Fri May 23, 2014 2:16 pm

It is all looking good, Wiley.
Lollykoko

Postby wileythenord » Fri May 23, 2014 2:33 pm

Thanks!

I've never really done any gardening so I started small this year, next year I plan to knock it out of the park!
wileythenord

Previous

Return to Members' 'steads