Postby mannytheseacow » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:08 am

Nice!!!

Is that a flying squirrel?
"Knowledge is power. Arm yourself."
mannytheseacow

Re: Restoring Tobacco Road ..

Postby TruGrit » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:49 pm

.. howdy all .. and yeah Manny, he's a flyer .. :lol:

.. been busy putting an addition on the shop/barn, but got sidetracked and decided to get some chooks in here .. rebuilding a 60 year old broken down coop .. pix and story coming soon ..

.. but, had a development to tell about .. remember my small swale pond above the garden ..

.. well, since I put that in, it has been collecting leaves and debris, then when it fills with water and sits for a week or so, voila! .. I get a pond full of compost tea! .. sooo, I ran a sump pump down there, hooked up a sprinkler and soaked the garden ..

.. I'm thinking, I could feed it with grass clippings, chicken poo, leaves and what not to make a big pot of tea about once a month .. I have around 1000 gallons of water storage to rain catch in, so I can fill the pond even if it don't rain ..

.. ya just never know what you can learn or come up with around here .. very pleased .. :mrgreen:

.. oh yeah, and final count on the woodchip deliveries - 42 Trucks! .. :shock:
TruGrit

Postby matt walker » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:47 am

Holy crap Tru, It's gotta be Wood Chip Mountain at this point. Dude, nice tech on the pond and watering. That's awesome.
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby mannytheseacow » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:43 pm

Dang, Tru. 42 Loads??? I had one load dropped at my place this year and I covered everything, and was still trying to find room for the last bit. 42?!

Good thinking on the tea stew. My biggest rain tank isn't covered and it is always full of a rainbow color of algae and stuff. I'm thinking the same thing, it's gotta be good stuff for the plants.
"Knowledge is power. Arm yourself."
mannytheseacow

Previous

Return to Members' 'steads