[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Permsteading.com • View topic - Restoring Tobacco Road ..

Restoring Tobacco Road ..

Start a thread for your 'stead!

Moderator: matt walker

Re: Restoring Tobacco Road ..

Postby DrewInToledo » Wed May 27, 2015 6:04 pm

I love this thread. Living the dream, Tru! You inspire me. I settled down looking for land because of the outrageous prices/demand, but every time I visit your thread, I find myself taking a quick peek at the real estate.
Do vegetarians eat animal crackers or coconut meat?
DrewInToledo

Postby TruGrit » Thu May 28, 2015 2:47 pm

.. altering the surface of the earth .. used to be round ..

.. Drew, hope I ain't causin' any undue stress pard .. I had to wait till I was dang near to old to work land when I got this .. I got maybe 10 years to make it a maintenance free operation .. sure hope you get an earlier start .. like my gramps always told me .. work hard and save your money .. ;)
TruGrit

Postby TruGrit » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:57 pm

.. well, the woodchip deliveries have resumed .. so, I decided to pave my trails in woodchips .. what an improvement in traction, now just gotta see how they fare when the rains come .. :o

.. first I thought I'd make it easier for the chip trucks to get in and out ..

.. then of course my new shop/barn road ..

.. I'll still have plenty left for the garden/orchard area .. plan to get on that next week .. hope everyone is having an easy time of it, along with bags of fun! .. Tru

.. edit ..
.. oh yeah, I plan to connect these two roads right across the side yard, eliminating a third of my weekly mowing .. :lol:
TruGrit

Postby TruGrit » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:38 pm

.. well, that was interesting .. was working on the landing, when two suspicious cars came down the road .. one backed in drive across the street, the other into my drive ..

.. two fellas got out and started down toward me .. looked like they had big fanny packs on .. when they got closer, realized they were sheriff's officers .. they said someone has been calling crime-stoppers line accusing me of running a meth lab .. :shock:

.. they asked if they could search the property .. I was pissed that a phone call had that much pull .. I could have refused, but had nothing to hide and sure didn't wanna start a riff with the sheriffs ..

.. when we started they were acting all tough and suspicious, but by the time we were done, we were good friends and they will stop by from time to time (off duty) to see how the place in coming along ..

... my guess is that it is the knucklehead neighbor up the road .. she has 4 horses that are always getting out and tearing up peoples yards and flower beds .. she was reported several times (never by us) and ended up in court .. verdict was, she had to sell two, clean them up and their living conditions ..

.. I don't think she knows who complained and I was an easy target for revenge .. the fella that used to live here is now in jail on drug charges ..

.. just goes to show, ya never know what the new day will bring .. what she meant for harm, ended with us making new friends .. and .. I'm now free to start a meth lab ... :lol:
TruGrit

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:15 pm

That is truly an amazing story. I guess that the police have to investigate all the leads that they get, but that does sound a bit far fetched to me. Glad you made friends with the local police, that is always a good thing. Since they know you now they will be less likely to try and check you again. ;)
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby DrewInToledo » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:47 pm

Meh... at least they didn't find the still! ;)
Do vegetarians eat animal crackers or coconut meat?
DrewInToledo

Postby TruGrit » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:20 pm

... nah, that's well hidden in the dungeon underneath the carport .. :D
TruGrit

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:34 pm

That did seem to be the logical place for it, I could not think of a higher, so better use for that space. :lol:
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby SilverFlame819 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:14 pm

SilverFlame819

Postby TruGrit » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:30 pm

... they came out and put up my roof and legs today .. took about 3 hours and $1600 .. 24' X 21' X 9' .. now I can start building the addons, then the walls, then the workbenches, then the loft .. dang, I better get busy .. :mrgreen:

TruGrit

PreviousNext

Return to Members' 'steads