Start a thread for your 'stead!

Moderator: matt walker

Re: Restoring Tobacco Road ..

Postby TruGrit » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:47 am

... first burn ... puuurty ..

TruGrit

Postby mannytheseacow » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:16 pm

What a great looking stove! Any input on how useful it is for cooking yet? It looks like there's some removable pot spots on the top?
"Knowledge is power. Arm yourself."
mannytheseacow

Postby matt walker » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:22 pm

Geez, that is pretty! Looks awesome Tru!
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:48 pm

That should keep you toasty warm Tru. Nice that you are a able to use it for this unseasonable cold snap. :D
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby TruGrit » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:35 pm

.. Manny, only had it cranked once for a test .. just small burns since then .. with this dinky house, it don't take but a couple of sticks to heat it up .. :D

.. Matt, I knew you would like that pic .. ;)

.. Guy, perfect timing I'd say .. got a couple a snowy inches last night, went out plowin' .. then came in to a toasty house .. 8-)
TruGrit

Postby DrewInToledo » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:06 pm

Game on, Tru!! Fantastic, man! I've been off the board for a while but decided to stop in for a look. Glad to see it installed and fired up. Good call on avoiding the shipping charge.

You can definitely cook on the hybrid. If you remove the center trinket, you can boil water fairly easy. I've cooked spaghetti sauce, stew, soup, and heated bunches of stuffs on mine so don't hold back! I'm kind of a prude when it comes to junking my stove up... a little splash of food and BAM! there's another impossible blemish... but the more I do it, the more I'm starting to like it that way, too! :D

That's a great looking stove. Going into spring, I bet there's a part of you looking forward to fall already. :)
Do vegetarians eat animal crackers or coconut meat?
DrewInToledo

Postby TruGrit » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:03 pm

... Drew!! .. glad you're back pard, been thinkin' about you during the whole job .. am really liking this thing, takes some practice to figure out all it's quirks, but she's preforming well and we're staying warm ..

.. btw Drew, gonna be getting back into making youtubes again one of these days and wanna use your banjo playing on them .. shall I have my people call your people ... ;)
TruGrit

Postby DrewInToledo » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:07 pm

ha! Would LOVE to partake in said videos!! let me know when you get some videos together and we will whip something up!! Keep in mind that I'm just a hack, though!!
Do vegetarians eat animal crackers or coconut meat?
DrewInToledo

Postby TruGrit » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:46 am

... awesome! .. The 'Angeline the baker' is the perfect kinda thing .. I would like to find some effects that add scratchy sounds like old timey records .. the rougher the better .. I may even do the videos in sepia or black and white with added film deterioration if I can figure it out ..

.. I used to do videos for my sim-racing hobby, but haven't done any for a while, I have hours and hours of video of building this place .. getting excited for my artistic side again .. 8-)

.. thanks Drew, I'll holler at ya when I get something started .. Tru
TruGrit

Postby TruGrit » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:40 pm

... opening day of firewood season today .. got a much better attitude about it this year knowing we'll get 80% use of this wood compared to maybe 40% in past years ..

... bagged my limit today ..

... first days catch put up .. I figure about 4 days splittin' outta do us for next Winter .. then we start stockin' up ..

TruGrit

PreviousNext

Return to Members' 'steads