[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Permsteading.com • View topic - My neighbor's DIY Bandsaw Mill

My neighbor's DIY Bandsaw Mill

Start a thread for your 'stead!

Moderator: matt walker

My neighbor's DIY Bandsaw Mill

Postby matt walker » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:50 pm

Thought you guys would appreciate this, it's a homemade mill my neighbor made. I donated the engine and some tractor time, but it's all him. I've already got a stack of cedar stickered in my garage, and more logs on the way there. So stoked! He made the soundtrack too.....

matt walker
Site Admin

Re: My neighbor's DIY Bandsaw Mill

Postby DrewInToledo » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:50 am

That is flipping beautiful! Wow! The music was repetitive but didnt seem to get old.
I cant believe you gave him an engine with 1/4 shaft and no fuel tank. Ha! :D
I am amazed at what one can do when they put thier mind to it. I have a friend wanting to build a cabin and this might just be the solution to rough cut all the logs down to size.
Wow! Thumbs up.
Do vegetarians eat animal crackers or coconut meat?
DrewInToledo

Postby mannytheseacow » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:40 am

Wow, that's really cool. Awesome to be building the building around it from boards it is creating.

Sawmills are awesome. Every neighborhood should have one. Even more awesome is that it is your neighbors and not yours. You get the benefits and he gets the storage and maintenance!
"Knowledge is power. Arm yourself."
mannytheseacow

Postby dave brenneman » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:02 pm

that's fantastic. nice work.
dave brenneman

Return to Members' 'steads