[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Permsteading.com • View topic - Lollyland

Lollyland

Start a thread for your 'stead!

Moderator: matt walker

Re: Lollyland

Postby Lollykoko » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:51 pm

I just realized that I never let you all know what happened in the situation with my grandchildren! Long story very short, they now live with their maternal grandfather and I get as much time as possible to spend with them.

Longer version ... The judge finally set up visitation schedule so that we (family members) were able to see the children twice a week and have a week-end visit every month for myself and another for their maternal grandfather. He took the case under advisement and scheduled an "in camera" visit with my 13 year old grandson. As a result of that interview (I like my school and friends and don't know that I want to move anywhere) he gave custody of the children to their step-mother. Five weeks later, the state office that is in charge of children came knocking at the door. Stepmom went to jail and the children were made wards of the state. Their grandfather was scheduled to pick them up for the weekend anyway, so CPS named him as temporary guardian. There were several months of strife as step-mom tried to get the kids back in her hands, but she finally decided that the scrutiny required wasn't worth the cash she was losing, and signed papers giving grandpa full rights to the children. CPS was invaluable in helping grandpa get the services that the kids need and walked him through a lot of the paperwork mazes required.

Today, my granddaughter is 13 and getting the professional help she needs. Her verbal skills have improved dramatically and her attitude is wonderful. As her physical problems are dealt with (she's back in braces and learning how to stand and walk with help) her personality comes shining through. Her favorite phrase is "happy, happy!", and she is. :D

Grandson is 15. In the more than a year that I didn't get to see him, he got tall and his voice changed! He will be entering 9th grade this fall and this week thinks that he might want to be a policeman after finishing school. He's also indicated an interest in being involved at the farm with an eye to future life. If he ever gets off grounding, he might get to spend some time at the farm with me. :lol:

As for stepmom, she has been charged with felony child neglect, and giving up the kids didn't make that charge go away. Her court date keeps getting pushed back, but eventually a jury will decide whether she's going to be a visitor at a state institution for a year or two. On other news, we still have a court case pending, regarding the property I own that her family members occupy without benefit of rent. :x
Lollykoko

Postby matt walker » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:05 am

Lolly, thank you for taking the time to let us know how it all turned out. I'm so, so happy for you, and for your grandchildren. That is all wonderful news, I know it was a long, difficult road for you. Congrats, good luck on the land and other property. You made my day!
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby mannytheseacow » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:27 pm

Diddo on what Matt said, Lolly. Life always has the funniest way of making our lemons into lemonade for us. I'll bet this is all going to make sense to you eventually and you'll actually be thankful for this tumultuous roller coaster ride you've been on.
"Knowledge is power. Arm yourself."
mannytheseacow

Postby Lolly » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:08 pm

I'm back! I managed to get on the wrong side of the password lock and haven't been able to post for a while.

Just went to court with step-mom about the house last week. Same judge that gave her guardianship of the kids. Both lawyers were the same. And someone should have kicked me in the rear for not firing mine and finding a new one a year ago. The judge has taken the case under advisement, and will rule within 2 weeks to 2 months. At this moment in time, I think he's going to give her the house. He may require her to pay me some money, but I'm pretty sure he won't make her relinquish possession of the property.

And, given the state the place is probably in, the cost of refurbishing, the weather, and the idea that my grandson never wants to have to be in there ever again, it would probably be the best thing for me and mine if she had to cough up some cash in return for the deed. I could always pick it up on tax sale in a few years.
Lolly

Postby matt walker » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:49 pm

It's good to hear from you Lolly. You sound like you are in a good spot....I am so glad.
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby Lolly » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:37 pm

Sending holiday greetings from my family to yours! On Saturday I was fortunate enough to have all of Joe's children here with me for a few hours. My other granddaughter had to work a double shift, so couldn't make the party. :(

Trying to get the photo to display, I seem to remember reading something about a change in how to post them, but the details are lost to me. Will find them later.

[img][/img]
Lolly

Previous

Return to Members' 'steads