Help create a community

Moderator: matt walker

Postby chachi » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:05 pm

it kinda helps me to know who i'm talking to. are you doing them on this board?
chachi

Re: avatars?

Postby matt walker » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:11 pm

Hmmm, I have one. I think it's set up so you all can have one too. Let me know if it's not and I'll figure out how to fix it.

Glad to have you here!
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby chachi » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:23 pm

oh crap, there it is! perfect.
chachi

Postby matt walker » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:37 pm

Sweet. Now it's just a matter of convincing everyone else to get one up. Bunch a free spirits around here, it's like herding cats trying to get 'em to do anything. :lol:
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby Lollykoko » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:49 am

I tried to make an avatar when I first joined, but had a problem with picture sizing. Of course I was trying to load one from my computer, not Photobucket or somesuch.
Lollykoko

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:48 pm

Avatars?? Avatars?? Aren't they those Blue critters with tails and long pig tails that live on a far away planet and fly around on Dragons, and shoot arrows at the bad Guys? ;) I have not wanted to post a picture of myself, but there was an old picture that I had copied of a very young boy , nicely dressed, hair combed just so, from the 1950's, holding a butter knife, and pointing it toward an electrical outlet. :lol: I couldn't see what could possibly go wrong. ;) That picture suited me I think, so when I post just see that image in your minds eye. ;)
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:37 pm

Well chacchi, I found the photo I was looking for and tried to post it as my avatar, but I could not get that done. I think I am having the same trouble that Lolly had, it must be too big. I tried photobucket and them again several times directly from my computer, no luck, Oh Well. It was worth a try. I am a functional illiterate when it comes to these things. :lol:
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby matt walker » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:42 pm

Guy, it's the size. The picture needs to be 90 pixels square or smaller.

Here, right click this and "save image as" to your desktop. Then try putting it as your avatar in the user control panel.

matt walker
Site Admin

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:20 pm

LOLLY, what a nice avatar, and it looks just like you too, ;) Mine looks like me when I was a young wisp of a Lad ,,,,,,,,,,,,,sort of,,,,,,,,,,,,lol :lol: Thanks Matt for getting the picture down to the right size for me. I have relied on the generosity of others all my life. Its nice to have friends who can help you out and hold your hand when you need it. ;)
pa_friendly_guy

Postby boo » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:19 am

I'm good, I put mine up!
boo

Next

Return to The Suggestion Box