[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Permsteading.com • View topic - Forum topics?

Forum topics?

Help create a community

Moderator: matt walker

Re: Forum topics?

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:19 pm

How about starting a new forum for canning, cooking, preserving the harvest? I suppose it could be added as a topic to one of the other forums, but I think there is enough for a new seporate forum all its own.
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby matt walker » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:39 pm

That's one of my favorite topics Guy. Tell you what, I'll put it up there, you kick it off. Deal?
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:16 am

Deal Matt
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby George Collins » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:45 pm

"Solve world hunger, tell no one." "The, the, the . . . The Grinch!"

"If you can't beat them, bite them."
George Collins

Postby matt walker » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:08 pm

George, that is a wonderful idea. I can see a lot of value in having a resource list like that, with everything in one place. I need to do some re-arranging here, as we are developing and finding our way there's some things that need tweaking and refining. I'm hoping to get to that this afternoon, so give me a bit here and I'll set it up and move my video post there, and perhaps we can get pa_friendly_guy to re-post his video. Thank you so much for being a part of this.
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:12 pm

I am not sure Matt, but I don't think that I ever actually posted a Video. I put up a few pics, but I don't recall a video. I did talk about " Who Killed the Electric Car" video, but I never posted it.
pa_friendly_guy

Postby matt walker » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:48 pm

Well, if you do find it online, please do post a link. I for one would love to see it.

I'm loving the new section, by the way. George, I didn't want to clutter it up with "I love this!" posts, but I've watched everything you've posted, and am seriously inspired. I am pretty sure I read Dick's book a while back. Great stuff. I need to get some more of my favorites up there as well. I've got a lot of projects going on right now, since I wasn't able to do much for almost 6 weeks in December and earlier this month, I'm playing catch up! Thankfully, my injury looks like it's not going to have very significant lasting consequences. Phew!
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby Lollykoko » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:05 pm

I am also loving the new educational section. I've been watching a lot of videos on finding level and creating swales. Give me a day or so to pick a couple to go in that folder.
Lollykoko

Postby George Collins » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:23 pm

I had a thought about a potential way to divide up the topics. How about by Permaculture Zone?

For instance, if one wanted to make a post about how to make their own laundry soap, cook deer meat, install solar panels on the roof of their house, those would all fall under the category of Zone 0.

If a person wanted to post about gathering wild edibles or hunting turkey, that would be an appropriate Zone 5 topic.

If a person wanted to post about growing a black walnut grove, that would be appropriate for Zone 3.

Food forests would mos appropriately be discussed in Zone 2.

Instead of:
Members' 'steads
Start a thread about your 'stead

Perhaps:
Zone 0 - The house, or home center.
Aiming to reduce energy and water needs, harnessing natural resources, and working towards a sustainable environment in which to live and work.

(The above definition for Zone 0 is an abbreviation of the one given on the Wikipedia page for Permaculture.)

FYI, I have no emotional attachment to my ideas as to how you should rum your board so my feelings will be perfectly intact regardless of what you do with any suggestion I ever make.
"Solve world hunger, tell no one." "The, the, the . . . The Grinch!"

"If you can't beat them, bite them."
George Collins

Postby matt walker » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:25 pm

That's an interesting thought George. It makes some good sense, but I fear it also will be a bit confusing, especially to folks who aren't too up on the entire scope of Permaculture, like me! I'll do a bit of thinking on your idea though, it has some serious merit. I know that the forums are a bit confused right now as is, mostly due to the excitement of the first week of the board. It could use some better organization.

I do appreciate hearing your ideas and the spirit they are presented in. I hope everyone here feels comfortable brainstorming and throwing thoughts out there.
matt walker
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Suggestion Box