[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Permsteading.com • View topic - A few changes...

A few changes...

Help create a community

Moderator: matt walker

A few changes...

Postby matt walker » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:12 pm

Hey gang, well, we had our first small drama here over the last few days, so I made a few changes. I've limited the time after posting that we will be allowed to delete/edit our posts. Going back and deleting/editing all your old posts leaves huge holes in the board and messes up all the threads. If you have a good reason for needing to do that, let me know and we will work something out if the request is reasonable. I've also chosen to ban someone after some personal attacks. I'm disappointed and really didn't want to do it, but we certainly don't need any drama here.

If any of you have any questions or concerns over this action or anything else concerning the running of this forum or the latest little bumps in the road please get in touch with me. I'm more than happy to share my reasons with any one of you privately, although I won't discuss this latest drama on the open board. Hope you all understand.
matt walker
Site Admin

Re: A few changes...

Postby GrahamB » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:58 am

Well knock me down with a feather! I'm sorry to hear you had that sort of drama Matt. I know it must have pained you to do that sort of thing, but after all is said and done, this is your board and we all agreed to the rules when we joined. It always amazes me how some people like to cause drama online, as if we haven't got enough of it in our daily lives. Don't beat yourself up over it my friend, it just isn't worth the stress and we all appreciate the work you do for us.
No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.
GrahamB

Postby SilverFlame819 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:36 am

SilverFlame819

Postby mannytheseacow » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:07 pm

I think there's this other site for drama, it's called Facebook or something. I dunno, that's not my thing.

My apologies for my comment about nutcase. I was oblivious to any drama goin on, and wasn't meant as a slam to the awesome community here, just have been wondering for a while what nutcase has been up to!
"Knowledge is power. Arm yourself."
mannytheseacow

Postby matt walker » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:35 pm

Manny, no drama with nutcase, or anyone else up until this one. It's such a bummer, it really affects me and I have zero tolerance for it. My style is to just ignore it, not feed it at all, but there comes a point where you just need to cut it out. I really appreciate everyone's support. My goal is to do what I think you all would want me to do, and create a board where you want to participate. Thank you everyone, for chiming in with your support and for being here. I really appreciate this place for what it is, and all of you who make it that way.
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby SilverFlame819 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:50 pm

Um, yeah, just thought I'd clarify, in case you haven't seen Dead Poets Society.

We support you and stand with you. This place is yours, you do what you think is right.

(Do ya thang, boy). :)
SilverFlame819

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:50 pm

OK, now I get it. :lol: Sorry but when I 1st saw the Dead Poets thing I was completely lost as to what the meaning was. Thanks for clearing that up for me silver. ;) I can be a little dense at times, it went right over my head whoosh. :lol:
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby SilverFlame819 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:30 am

Sorry, it was past my bedtime. *lol*
SilverFlame819

Postby Bobwieser » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:44 am

Keep up the good work. Thanks for all the effort.
Bobwieser

Return to The Suggestion Box