[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Permsteading.com • View topic - Updated topics in bold?

Updated topics in bold?

Help create a community

Moderator: matt walker

Updated topics in bold?

Postby SilverFlame819 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:35 pm

Granted, there's not that many categories here so it's not a total pain to look through the dates, but is there a way to UNbold all the categories, then allow them to go Bold when they've been updated since your last visit?
SilverFlame819

Re: Updated topics in bold?

Postby Lollykoko » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:55 pm

I have been in forums that don't mark the threads in any way to show they have been updated since you last visit, but this isn't one of them. At least, using Firefox there is a way to tell. My browser makes the circle to the left of the title red when I have unread threads. That happens on both the index page and each category list.
Lollykoko

Postby matt walker » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:14 am

Hmmm, yeah, let me look into the options, currently the system Lolly describes works for me. If there's something better that I can do though, I'll do it. Give me a bit here.
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby SilverFlame819 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:47 am

They turn read if there's any thread in there you haven't read, even if you have been in the thread. For instance, I've read all the threads here in the Suggestion Box, so when I log on, it's blue... And I've been in The Hangout, but I can leave that category and go back to the main page and it's still red... I guess because a thread I previously looked at, which I haven't visited since, I still haven't clicked on? Kind of weird.

If there's no better option though, I won't complain. It is what it is.
SilverFlame819

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:39 pm

I never noticed the red before. Thanks for telling me that the threads turn red if you have not read them. I just get am email telling me that there are new posts and what thread they are about. When I click on the link it takes me right to it, no fuss, no muss. Then if I don't want to go back to my email I just click on the thing that says unread post on the index page, and it tells me all the post that I have not read yet, and has a link to the thread. It seems pretty simple really. I would feel like it aint broke, so why are we trying to fix it? I'm not saying that there may not be a better way to get the job done, I am just saying it seems to work pretty well the way it is now. ;)
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby Lollykoko » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:15 pm

Lollykoko

Postby matt walker » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:36 pm

There should also be a little red-ish box thingy next to the topic title, between title and the circle thing, that will take you to the latest unread post in the thread. If you've read the thread, the little red box thing isn't there at all. I'll look into the software options some evening here when I'm poking around in there and see what other stuff we might be able to do.
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby Lollykoko » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:54 am

Lollykoko

Return to The Suggestion Box