Photo Uploads

Help create a community

Moderator: matt walker

Photo Uploads

Postby SilverFlame819 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:56 am

This forum seems to use the same style as the homesteadforum.org website, which allows direct uploading of pix. I'm curious what the likelihood of that option is here. There, I can upload straight from my phone, and the website shows a smaller version which people can then click on to see the larger version. I've been fighting with Photobucket, but it won't downsize photos for me from my phone, and it would look like crap to upload monster-sized pix that would then be too big to see easily, and make all the pages scroll weird... wanted to join in on the photo threads, but don't really have a way at this point. Is there a way to make direct linked Photobucket pix appear smaller automatically here, so I don't have to worry about size? Or to do the direct upload that auto-sizes them for you? Help!
SilverFlame819

Re: Photo Uploads

Postby matt walker » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:24 pm

Sorry I missed this....uh, frankly I would rather not allow uploading to the site directly. It just hogs resources and is destined to become full and cause headaches. I've found that this forum software handles large photos linked from photobucket automatically. I have never seen a large photo cause widthenization like it used to on some forums. I'd say, go ahead and try direct uploading the large image to PB and link it here and see what happens. If it ends up super wide, we can revisit this and see if there is a better option. I'd love to see your photos, never can have enough dog pictures! ;)
matt walker
Site Admin

Re: Photo Uploads

Postby SilverFlame819 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:48 am

Lol. Smartass. I'll try just uploading the large pix then, and if there's a problem... wait, what? Suddenly my brain is jamming Ice Ice Baby. Ha!

Thanks for the response.
SilverFlame819

Return to The Suggestion Box