[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Permsteading.com • View topic - Joys of living in the County

Joys of living in the County

Come on in and hang out

Moderator: matt walker

Re: Joys of living in the County

Postby matt walker » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:44 pm

Nice. I can see it working Guy!
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:46 pm

I Love Daffodils, I truly Love them, they are my favorite Flower. I took these picture last Spring but had trouble up loading them to photo bucket until now. Enjoy :)

I have planted between 4000 and 5000 bulbs, I get between 600 to 700 blooms each year with out doing any work. I love Daffodils
Last edited by pa_friendly_guy on Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:49 pm

I again caught a picture of the Wild Turkey in the back yard. I really enjoy seeing them this close to the house. :D

Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby Myrth » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:37 pm

Great photos!

We have a lot of deer here as we are close to the county nature preserve. The young ones, yearlings, are often quite curious.

I too love daffodils. I will miss mine from my old house, but I have a good excuse to plant more!! You have a nice selection. I also like them at the base of trees.

Butterflies are like flowers with wings. I love them too. I have never planted a butterfly garden, grouping their favorite plants all together. I have always scattered those plants around, intermingled with other plants. Do you think grouping them together draws in more butterflies? I am working with a blank slate here, so I could do it either way this time. Interested to get your thoughts and experiences.
Myrth

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:10 pm

I love to see the Butterflies and therefore I try my best to attract them. I read an article in Organic Gardening many years ago on what plants to plant to attract Butterflies. They listed the Top 10 plants for attracting them. The first Five were 1] Butterfly Bush 2] Butterfly Bush 3] Butterfly Bush 4] Butterfly Bush and 5] Butterfly Bush. :lol: the next five were all the same plant and I forget what its name is now, [ But I think it is known as Butterfly Weed, ;) ] Putting the Butterfly Bushes in a grouping really helps I think because of the concentrated smell. They make a very pretty grouping and there are several colors that look very nice together. I planted mine a distance from the House at a place were I can still see them from the back porch. Its very nice to watch the Butterflies while sitting on the porch. I would suggest that you pick a spot where you can see the Butterflies from the house and make your planting there. And don't forget to plant the top 5 plants for attracting Butterflies :lol:
pa_friendly_guy

Previous

Return to The Hangout