I had a great trip...

Come on in and hang out

Moderator: matt walker

I had a great trip...

Postby matt walker » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:57 am

but it was tough to communicate, so I apologize if the spammers got ahead of me a bit. I don't have a cell phone, but my brother loaned me an iphone to use as a little computer when I was near wifi. Man, moderating on that thing was near impossible, and I found once I got to NYC that I couldn't send any emails. Needless to say, I had a tough time keeping up here and with my other stuff. Other than that though, the trip was amazing and the stove a great success. I'll share some pics in Heating and Cooling soon. I loved NYC, the weather was wonderful, the people beautiful and nice, and I had some amazing experiences. I guess now I'd better get caught up on the canning and fruit harvest, it's past time and I'm behind. It was worth it though.
matt walker
Site Admin

Re: I had a great trip...

Postby boo » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:09 pm

I'm glad you had a good trip. Was it your first time in NYC?
boo

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:30 pm

Glad to have you back Matt. Glad you enjoyed your trip to NY. Did you have time to make any side trips while you were here in the East? Oh, by the way, I have a very narrow foot that is hard to fit, I wondered if you know where I can find 12 1/2AA work boots?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby matt walker » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:31 pm

Yes Boo, it was my first time on the East Coast at all. I truly enjoyed it, although I'm sorry to say I was so busy working on the stove I didn't get to see much of it. We took a little drive to get some materials but for the most part I was just in Brooklyn the whole trip. Still, I really enjoyed my urban vacation as I don't get much of that experience living here in the forest. I will certainly go back and visit the countryside some day. The weather there was incredible, 70ish almost the whole trip. I came home to low 40s and grey. Blech.
matt walker
Site Admin

Return to The Hangout