[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Permsteading.com • View topic - I hope you all stay safe

I hope you all stay safe

Come on in and hang out

Moderator: matt walker

I hope you all stay safe

Postby boo » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:23 am

I've been keeping an eye on "Sandy" and I just hope that you all stay safe.
boo

Re: I hope you all stay safe

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:17 pm

Thanks Boo, We all appreciate the thoughts and prayers. I am over the Mountains from the coast so the worst was pretty far away from me. However Sandy stretched out for 1000 miles so we are getting alot of rain, wind and flooding here locally. The deep snows are south of me, the cold front came around from the south so West Va got as much as 3 ft of snow in the Mountains, it came north to Fayette County Pa, I am the next county over. It was to be 43 degrees here today and rain, it is 35 and spitting snow. It is a very wet heavy snow, that is not good for the power lines. It has not been laying on the ground here yet, like I said it is above freezing out so the snow should not be a problem. I was out today, had some teeth pulled, several roads were flooded, several had standing water across them. My preachers basement flooded, saw several fire trucks out and about, most likely pumping out basements. I can't say that we have had any trouble on the hill, but I did get a couple of flashlights out, and I carried in the last of the porch furniture so that it would not blow away. I am betting that Lolly had about the same effect 7 hours west of me as I am getting here. The storm is huge. ;)
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:41 pm

Sandy has hit my area west of the Mountains much harder than anyone expected. The projections all showed it hitting central Pa and turning North. It is now smack dab over Pittsburgh, which is an hour west of me, so we have had alot of rain and snow here. Sandy jumped the mountains no problem. It has been warm enough that the snow has not stayed on the grass at my place, but at Seven Springs just up the mountain they have 14" of very wet snow on the ground. Alot of trees are down smashing power lines, alot of people out of power. The flooding is also bad and getting worse. Pittsburgh should crest some time Wed. That is always bad, when you know the water is coming down stream but you can not do anything about it. There are many roads around here that are closed by high water, it is to the point that I do not drive through water flowing across the road, even if I know it is shallow enough that I could make it through. Maybe because I am older, or maybe wiser now, but it isn't worth the chance any more. I used to drive through the water no problem if I felt I could make it through, and I always did, lol, but not any more. :lol: The storm is large enough that I am sure that alot of our members have been touched by this storm.
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:43 am

I have been watching the distruction of New York and New Jeresy on TV tonight. My heart goes out to those familys who have lost everything. Here Sandy was a bit inconvenient, there it was Total Distruction. We should all keep these families in our thoughts and prayers. I am thankful that there was not more loss of life from this storm.
pa_friendly_guy

Postby GrahamB » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:23 am

I looked through a bunch of photos on weatherchannel.com. It's hard to imagine what all those people are having to go through with their houses full of water. We had a river break when I was a kid, and it flooded our house about six inches deep. I can still remember the smell it produced. It must be a lot worse when it is sea water. That smells all the time. Prayers for them all.
No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.
GrahamB

Postby boo » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:55 am

boo

Return to The Hangout