Happy Birthday Graham!

Come on in and hang out

Moderator: matt walker

Happy Birthday Graham!

Postby matt walker » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:41 pm

It looks like you are one year older today my friend. Happy Birthday Graham, I hope it's a great one!

matt walker
Site Admin

Re: Happy Birthday Graham!

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:17 pm

Happy Birthday Young Man. That is a wonderful picture, I wonder how Matt acquired it? :lol: Looks like you have a Huge following there at the school. :D Enjoy the day with Family and friends. :D
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby GrahamB » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:10 am

Matt you freaked me out with that picture! It looks so much like our school that I was trying to figure out how you had taken it. Thank you guys for the birthday surprise. I'm now going to celebrate with a bottle of persimmon cider :)
No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.
GrahamB

Postby Lollykoko » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:27 am

Happy Birthday, Graham! :D Did you lay up the persimmon cider yourself or is it a consumer item? :?:
Lollykoko

Postby matt walker » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:22 am

Ha! Lol, google can be a bit scary sometimes. Enjoy the cider Graham, I had my first ever(!) persimmon a few weeks ago. Made my teeth feel funny!
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby GrahamB » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:36 am

Lolly, this is the second batch that we made this year. All from one tree at the top of the field. It's strong stuff but easy to drink. Matt the recipe calls for a pound of honey, as well as the sugar, so I think that takes the astringency away from it. I have some ginger wine fermenting at the moment, but that is for next Christmas. I love to make simple brews, whether it be wine, cider, mead or beers. I once made some mead and forgot about it for twelve years. I had tried it soon after I made it and didn't care for it. When I eventually found it, it was beautiful. I want to do the same by taking a bottle from each batch and storing it away for a few years.
No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.
GrahamB

Postby boo » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:20 pm

Happy belated birthday Graham!
boo

Return to The Hangout