[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Permsteading.com • View topic - Happy Ground Hog Day

Happy Ground Hog Day

Come on in and hang out

Moderator: matt walker

Happy Ground Hog Day

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:00 pm

Happy Ground Hog Day Everyone from Beautiful Pennsylvania. The Seer of Seers Punxsutawney Phil did NOT see his shadow today so we will all enjoy an early spring. This is very unusual for Phil, he normally sees his shadow and predicts 6 more weeks of winter. :lol: I guess we should all start to get our garden beds ready for planting, :D Well, maybe we can wait a little while yet, ;)
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Re: Happy Ground Hog Day

Postby Lollykoko » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:00 pm

Ready to start the spring garden?? :o I just promised away my stacks of newsprint that I had been saving to use as sheet mulch! :lol: My friends are moving and will need it for packing breakables. I suppose that means I should keep an eye out for brown cardboard to use in the garden.
Lollykoko

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:16 pm

Brown card board is a great thing in the garden. It will hold so much moisture and it will keep those weeds down. Thick news print does the same. Either way you will be holding moisture and feeding the soil. :D
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:35 pm

Happy Ground Hog Day from Beautiful Pennsylvania. Early this morning Phill, the most famous ground hog in Pennsylvania, emerged from his hole and said that he definitely saw a shadow. :o The Weather men from all the Pittsburgh TV stations were all saying that it was to be cloudy and overcast in Punysatuwny today and there would be no way for him to see a shadow. I think it was all those Dam TV cameras that caused the shadow, what do you guys think? Anyway, its a done deal, we will have 6 more weeks of winter. :lol:
pa_friendly_guy

Postby DevilsBrew » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:38 pm

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by DevilsBrew on Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Postby GrahamB » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:38 pm

Snowing here too. I'm with Devil, shoot the darn groundhog and bring on the Spring!
No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.
GrahamB

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:16 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: I have felt EXACTLY the same way, shoot that SOB and be done with it, :lol: :lol: :lol:
But of course then Pennsylvania would not be in the Lime Light for that 15 min of fame. ;)
pa_friendly_guy

Postby Lollykoko » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:46 pm

Lollykoko

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:06 pm

Well, it was less that 12 hours since Phill saw his shadow and winter had returned with a vengeance here. We got enough snow here last night to shut Atlanta down for a week. :lol: A total of 6 inches on the ground here, Pittsburgh Schools have a 2 hour delay. Out here by the Mountain we got twice as much snow and our local schools are canceled. I am planning on driving to town and maybe getting my oil changed in the one veh but our road was plowed around 7am and is now snow covered again, the Township truck will be around again I am sure. Turns out we are a little bit more prepared for the snow that Atlanta was. :D Nothing against people from the South, but it snows so seldom there that they simply can't prepare for the snow. Number one, we have the equipment and the plows, we have the salt supplies, the cinder supplies, the anti-skid supplies in huge amounts. Number two the truck drivers have regular routes that they run on a very regular basis [ Think weekly , or even daily at some times of the year ] That lets them know where the Bad spots are, what sections to salt heavier, where it drifts, etc, Number three the people here are used to driving on snow. We are Not better drivers, we just get used to how you do that. How much to slow down, where to gear down so you don't have to brake, how to apply the brakes so you don't slide, little tricks that get you through when the roads are bad. I feel sorry for the people of Atlanta, the City was truly crippled by 2 1/2 inches of snow, roads where totally blocked with traffic, kids stranded at school, people stuck on the road for days. It was very difficult for those effected, my thoughts and prayers were with them. :) And I hope that Phill was wrong :lol: :lol: :lol:
pa_friendly_guy

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:38 pm

Happy Ground Hog Day from beautiful Pa. Phill has again seen his shadow and predicted 6 more weeks of winter. Since this all started back in the 1800's there have only been 17 times when Phill has not seen his shadow and predicted an early spring. There is of course a new kid on the block who lives on Stanton Island NY who is predicting an early spring. I think anyone who lives in New York City must be crazy to live in a city like that, so I guess I will still believe Phill. :lol: :lol: :lol:
pa_friendly_guy

Next

Return to The Hangout