[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Permsteading.com • View topic - What did you cook up today?

What did you cook up today?

Come on in and hang out

Moderator: matt walker

Re: What did you cook up today?

Postby mannytheseacow » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:10 pm

P.S. Your setup looks rad Drew. If you're pushing that many btus try colllecting 22 gal. For an 11 gal finish. I'll bet you'll see your efficiency spike.
"Knowledge is power. Arm yourself."
mannytheseacow

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:30 pm

Well I have to say that Jim Beam does make some good sippin whiskey. But I also have to say that Hard Liquor makes me take back things I never stole, so I have leaned to stay away from the stuff, :lol: It was a hard lesson to learn, :lol: :lol: :lol:
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby DrewInToledo » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:56 pm

Hahaha guy!! Too funny! I dont drink hard liquor, but i can sip on this stuff gently... Moderation is key as you know!
Good deal manny, my next brew will only be 5 gallons, just a whipped together ipa using centennial, and lots of them. Ill try "boiling the piss out of it". :) the beauty is that i dont have a recipe... I just had the store mill some grains... Vienna, some 30l, carapils (can never have enough) and the rest of my two row. I just asked "for some of this and a half pound of that and will you please mill my approximate 12 lbs of two row in this bag i brought in?".
Im not going to measure anything.. just for fun..
I built a counterflow chiller you see in the photo and it was the first time using it but my height differential just wasn't high enough to create a strong siphon. Looking for a cheap pump... Found a $32 sous vide high temp food grade pump on amazon my eyeball is glued on.
Do vegetarians eat animal crackers or coconut meat?
DrewInToledo

Postby DrewInToledo » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:06 am

DrewInToledo

Postby DevilsBrew » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:51 pm

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by DevilsBrew on Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Postby mannytheseacow » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:12 pm

Here is my house ale. I've had this recipe on tap for over a decade and made my 100th batch of it several years ago. I stopped counting at 100. I've got it pretty well dialed in but tweak the hops a little bit from time to time.

8.5# Briess organic 2-row base malt
12 oz. Briess organic Crystal 60L

1/2 Oz. Nugget for 60 minutes.
1/2 oz each: nugget, crystal, Amarillo, for 10 minutes
1/2 oz each: Crystal, Amarillo, at 0 minutes.

Wy'east Ringwood ale yeast pitched into a 1 qt. started 1 day in advance.

OG: 1.057

Nectar of the gods.
"Knowledge is power. Arm yourself."
mannytheseacow

Postby DevilsBrew » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:40 pm

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by DevilsBrew on Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Postby DevilsBrew » Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:13 pm

xxxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by DevilsBrew on Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Postby DrewInToledo » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:21 pm

Manny-- thanks for the recipe. Ill try it soon. I can get my s.g. Below 30 on my stout. I added some dry s-05 but it didnt seem to do a thing... I may try champagne yeast for the fun of it.

D.b. -- i smoked some cheese, salmon and a fryer chicken three days ago but it was just too damned cold. The cheese was fine, the salmon finished inside but the chick was just a mess. I knew better but went for the challenge...
What were you making with the eggplant and garlic in a blender?
DrewInToledo

Postby DevilsBrew » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:40 pm

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by DevilsBrew on Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

PreviousNext

Return to The Hangout