[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Permsteading.com • View topic - Road Trip!

Road Trip!

Come on in and hang out

Moderator: matt walker

Road Trip!

Postby matt walker » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:51 am

Okay gang, I just confirmed my place to stay in D.C. and my travel plans. I'm driving, probably I-90, but that's subject to change due to weather and visits. If anyone wants to meet up, or put me up for a night along the way, well, I'd absolutely love to meet you all. Same deal for the return trip, although I will probably come and go via different routes. If you want to meet, let me know and as we get closer I'll firm up my plans.

Oh, forgot the dates. I'll probably be traveling W to E around the 8th to the 13th of November, and returning somewhere around the 20th to the 27th.
matt walker
Site Admin

Re: Road Trip!

Postby mannytheseacow » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:59 am

For sure, I'm about an hour to 1.5 from I-90. Meet up, place to stay, whatever we can do. Keep me posted as your plans develop.
"Knowledge is power. Arm yourself."
mannytheseacow

Postby Lollykoko » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:48 am

Good to hear the news, Matt. The turnpike across northern Indiana has a ramp only 5 miles from where Kathy and Terry live. I'd love to invite you to stop en route for coffee or a meal.
Lollykoko

Postby DevilsBrew » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:58 am

I've got beer.
EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Postby Myrth » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:13 pm

How exciting! I am so glad you have decided to go and participate!
Myrth

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:16 pm

I live about 8 miles from to Pa Turn Pike, I am guessing you will take Rt 90 to Chicago and then get on Rt 80 to the Ohio Pike, Then the Pa Pike to Breezewood. You are welcome to stop by the Hill for a visit and there will be an extra Bed for you if you need it. We are 4:30 to 5 hours from DC depending on traffic and where you are going. Hope you have a Great trip.
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby matt walker » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:11 pm

Thanks everybody! I'm excited, for all of it. The drive, the competition, and the opportunity to meet some of you. I'll keep you all posted as my plans firm up and hopefully see most of you, either on my out or back. I really appreciate all the support gang, thank you.
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby matt walker » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:22 am

Hey gang! Checking in from DC, and I'm sorry to say I haven't gotten to do what I had hoped and meet most of you. I had a great visit with Manny, and I do mean great. Thanks again for the hospitality and warmth Mr. Seacow, I can't say enough good stuff about my visit there. Since then it's pretty much been go, go, go. Got a little delayed in Brooklyn and missed my window to visit Guy, which I am bummed about.

The good news is I'm here, the stove is set up and running well, and I've already met some wonderful people. There are some seriously cool heaters here, and walking up to the tent you would never know any of them were burning by looking at the chimneys. It's truly inspiring.

Typing on this tablet is terribly frustrating for me and I don't have much time, so I am holding off on participating in the other threads for now, but it looks like you guys are doing fine without me. I'll check in again when I can and let you know how it's going, but, so far so good.
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby colin saengdara » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:00 am

This is the thread I was looking for! Great to hear that you made it safely. You are more than welcome to stop in, visit, stay a while, whatever at our farm on your way back. We are just North of Milwaukee, 20 min from I94 (if you are taking a northerly route back). Otherwise, any other time you find yourself in the area, be sure to contact us. Good luck!

Colin
colin saengdara

Postby DrewInToledo » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:53 am

Dude.. You got a couch in the Toledo area!! Just let me know. Got homebrew. 20 gallons. Im a few minutes off i80/i90.
Do vegetarians eat animal crackers or coconut meat?
DrewInToledo

Next

Return to The Hangout