[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Permsteading.com • View topic - It's just a ride

It's just a ride

Come on in and hang out

Moderator: matt walker

It's just a ride

Postby mannytheseacow » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:29 am

"Knowledge is power. Arm yourself."
mannytheseacow

Re: It's just a ride

Postby matt walker » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:11 am

Nice one.
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:28 am

I have been on the ride for awhile now. Truly, it feels like awhile. Yes you can change it, but it is hard. It is truly hard to change your life, it is truly hard to change your plan, it is truly hard to change your direction in life. A number of years ago I attended an Intergenerational Church Retreat, the adults watched a film by Tony Compallo who is a short Italian Presbyterian lay Pastor, and an inspirational speaker. It has been many years now since I have seen the film, but it started by telling you that they asked people over the age of 85, people nearing the end of life one question, if you had it to do all over again what would you change. Three answers came up again and again and again, 1. I would Risk more, 2. I would reflect more [ I would stop and smell the Roses ] and 3. I would do more things that Live on after I am gone. It has been many years since I have seen that film, but the beginning has stuck with me all these years. The answers that those people gave are what I would choose If I had it to do all over again. I have done many thing that I am proud of, many things that will live on after I am gone, but I could have taken more chances, I could have risked more and I regret not knowing the out come of those possibilities. When you look back on life you regret the chances missed, the road not taken, the what ifs. I pause to reflect now. To smell the roses blooming in my own yard. To enjoy each day that God gives me, and to enjoy my Grand Children. That is the ride I am on now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and I like it.
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby DevilsBrew » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:03 am

There is so much darkness in the world. I don't want to be part of the machine.

"I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit." - Bill Hicks
EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Postby Lollykoko » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:27 pm

I just shared the video on other social media. Twice!
Lollykoko

Postby mannytheseacow » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:10 am

Chatting with my daughter tonight and diddling on the web, found this gem, free, in its entirety:
"Knowledge is power. Arm yourself."
mannytheseacow

Return to The Hangout