[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Permsteading.com • View topic - The SoundStage

The SoundStage

Come on in and hang out

Moderator: matt walker

Re: The SoundStage

Postby DrewInToledo » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:03 pm

Thanks for the comments guys, maybe we can jam together sometime.

Pa_friendly_guy, I just picked up the Dead's Touch of Grey on LP (along with Chick Corea's Return to Forever). The area where I'm contemplating a RMH will displace my audio gear, which nicely fits a McIntosh MAC 4100 :( How far are you from the Toledo area? I used to work for Alcoa in Pitt. which is 4 hours from here.
Do vegetarians eat animal crackers or coconut meat?
DrewInToledo

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:08 pm

Alcoa's main research center is in New Kensington, which is the other end of the county from me. I live in Westmoreland co, between New Stanton and Donegal on the Pa Turnpike. 4 hours sounds about right, maybe a bit farther. ;) I am about an hour east of the Burgh in the Laurel Highlands. Pretty area, mostly farmland, but the county is developing fast, its getting pretty hard to find chunks of land around here. I was fortunate to find mind when I did, and I got a good price on it, even back in those years. :lol:
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby DevilsBrew » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:11 pm

xxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by DevilsBrew on Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Postby mannytheseacow » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:52 am

"Knowledge is power. Arm yourself."
mannytheseacow

Postby DrewInToledo » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:52 am

Pa_guy -- I worked at the New Kensington location quite a few times. I was there during 911 and as you know that's not terribly far from where the 3rd plane went down relative to where I live in Ohio... I always enjoyed visiting the area and although quite a bit north of there, I drove back to hike the Allegheny forest a couple years after I left Alcoa. Beautiful area!

Manny -- the Petroglyphs are at Valley of Fire State Park about an hour from Las Vegas. It amazes me to see writings from prehistoric peoples and was one of the main reasons I wanted to visit the park. What were they trying to say? Was it important, or just fun as in the form of art? Was it for communication to their people, or for peoples in the future? Very intriguing. I found the entire park not unlike driving through a Dr. Suess creation cast in concrete. Lots of weird formations of red sandstone formed during the time dinosaurs roamed. Plenty of lizards zipping by as well.
Do vegetarians eat animal crackers or coconut meat?
DrewInToledo

Postby DevilsBrew » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:40 pm

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by DevilsBrew on Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Postby mannytheseacow » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:04 pm

Drew- what beautiful timing; I'm going to be in Vegas later this week and planning 0 time in that slimy city. I'm definitely checking that park out! Some of my favorite petroglyphs are at wedding rocks in Washington. I saw some other neat ones in the boundary waters a few winters back. It's great that ancient people left such subtle yet profound marks of their existence.
"Knowledge is power. Arm yourself."
mannytheseacow

Postby DevilsBrew » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:43 am

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Postby DevilsBrew » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:35 pm

xxxxxxxxxxx
EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Postby DevilsBrew » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:56 am

xxxxxxxxxxx
EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

PreviousNext

Return to The Hangout