[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Permsteading.com • View topic - The SoundStage

The SoundStage

Come on in and hang out

Moderator: matt walker

Re: The SoundStage

Postby SilverFlame819 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:30 am

SilverFlame819

Postby SilverFlame819 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:07 am

SilverFlame819

Postby SilverFlame819 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:06 pm

SilverFlame819

Postby mannytheseacow » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:46 am

That's one of my favorite Tool tracks, Silver. The drum part at 5:24 is crazy! 3 over 4. I remember spending like 4 months learning to play that.

Here's another favorite:
"Knowledge is power. Arm yourself."
mannytheseacow

Postby SilverFlame819 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:21 pm

I think my favorite song by Tool is probably H. But I walk at a park every day that has this weird sewer drain cover in the street on one side, and as I'm walking, cars are driving over it... and it makes the same notes and a similar sound as the two opening notes of Eulogy, so I always get that song stuck in my head in the mornings. Random, I know. I always get Rob Thomas' "Little Wonders" stuck in my head at work, and finally figured out that it was the doorbell doing it... the first two notes of the song are the doorbell notes at work. My brain relates most things to music or movie lyrics. Very random.

SilverFlame819

Postby SilverFlame819 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:14 am

SilverFlame819

Postby matt walker » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:26 pm

This one's for you Manny. A drummer song for sure......

Geeez, that roll at 3:00 then the release from 7 to 4. Great musical gimmick there.
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby mannytheseacow » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:55 pm

I can't follow the 7 but that's intense for sure. I've never heard this before; thanks for turning me on to it.

Some days I really wish I still had a kit around the house.
mannytheseacow

Postby SilverFlame819 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:29 am

SilverFlame819

Postby mannytheseacow » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:28 am

I saw these guys play a small club over the weekend. I can't remember the last time I was so blown away. Really some fantastic musicians and worth seeing if they're playing near you.
mannytheseacow

PreviousNext

Return to The Hangout