[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Permsteading.com • View topic - The SoundStage

The SoundStage

Come on in and hang out

Moderator: matt walker

Re: The SoundStage

Postby GrahamB » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:12 pm

Do you ever have those moments when you hear a song and it immediately reminds you of another one. Well that just happened with Devil's last song. Here is what it dragged from the depths of my memory.
No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.
GrahamB

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:11 pm

I have always enjoyed Charlie Daniels. Here is one of his older tunes from the 1970's that I like to sing along with, I know all the words. Its one of my favorites. 8-) I know that many people today for not get the political points, or understand who the hack John Birch was, but I think you can still get the point and understand the meaning. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoVL1Zs6WTw
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby DevilsBrew » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:30 pm

xxxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by DevilsBrew on Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:11 pm

Just that song Devil, just that song. :lol:
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:38 am

We lost a Master today, Pete Seeger died today. Folk singer, activist, environmentalist, musician, and leader in the truest sense of the word. He lived a meaningful life, He will be missed.

PS And he played a mean Banjo too. :D
pa_friendly_guy

Postby DevilsBrew » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:32 pm

xxxxxxxxxxx
EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Postby SilverFlame819 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:31 am

First post here, better make it a good one. ;)

Happy Birthday, Kurt! You would have been 47 today.

SilverFlame819

Postby matt walker » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:46 am

Yeah, that's a good first post. Welcome. Here's my tribute, to Kurt and Bob Casale of Devo. Nirvana covers Devo.....

matt walker
Site Admin

Postby Frenchy » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:32 am

well I'm not sure if this thread is just for video songs or not but I just listen to music no video music here ...........but right now am Cara Dillon " the maid of culmore" on pandora radio ......... mostly listen to celtic or native music or big band/swing or bluegrass lately...........
Frenchy

Location: Western Arkansas ~ between I 40 and I 30 in the Ouachita (Washita) mountains

Postby GrahamB » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:21 am

Frenchy, you're a kindred spirit brother. I play a lot of Celtic and NA music at school and I've always loved big band music. I've just picked the trumpet up again after about forty years and am playing and listening to a lot of traditional jazz. I have Rhapsody on my laptop, tablet and phone so I can listen to it any where I want. I spent one of the recent snow days just watching New Orleans street musicians on Youtube. I probably won't make it this year, but I intend to take a road trip there one day and soak it up live.
No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.
GrahamB

PreviousNext

Return to The Hangout