[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Permsteading.com • View topic - My Dream House

My Dream House

Come on in and hang out

Moderator: matt walker

My Dream House

Postby DevilsBrew » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:59 am

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by DevilsBrew on Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Re: My Dream House

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:18 pm

That is a really cool idea Devil. Privacy might get to be an issue at times, but that can easily be addressed. I just happen to have about 4 or 5 window sash you can have for a start, I had used them for a Hot Frame years ago. My neighbor has several more that he will be happy to through in as well. We probably have 50 to 60 sq ft of glass wall here. :lol: Its yours for the taking. ;) Just get your land and your go to go. :D
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby DevilsBrew » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:12 pm

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Postby mannytheseacow » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:51 pm

"Knowledge is power. Arm yourself."
mannytheseacow

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:33 pm

Great suggestion Manny. We have a company that replaces windows in our town and I am sure that they would also have an abundance of old windows to dispose of some place. The windows that they would be disposing of would most commonly be single pane but that would work for a Green house effect at your home Devil. Have you tried to use the doors in any other way many? Hot bed, mini greenhouse, any other novel ideas?
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby DevilsBrew » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:58 pm

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Postby Lollykoko » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:13 pm

My brother used to work in construction, and he hated to see good windows go to the dumpster. I have about 15 linear feet of French casement windows that he salvaged from a job. He's also got 8 sliding glass door from a hospital renovation (4X8) that he's holding on to until I get closer to time to build.

DB, until you find the spot where you want to put your roots, collect photos and drawings of the things you like. A folder of papers (or website pictures) is a lot easier to tote around than the stuff you might get an incredible bargain on but don't have a place for just yet. [says the woman with a $4000 reproduction cast iron slipper tub in her garage, because she saw a newspaper ad offering it for $800, 10 years ago!!]
Lollykoko

Return to The Hangout