[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Permsteading.com • View topic - Happy Friday!

Happy Friday!

Come on in and hang out

Moderator: matt walker

Happy Friday!

Postby DevilsBrew » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:25 pm

...because it's the best day of the week! :D :D
EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Re: Happy Friday!

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:08 pm

How did your day out with the girls go? Or is it tonight that you are going out to the City to drink, carouse , and get wild and crazy. 8-)
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby DevilsBrew » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:00 pm

It went very well. I thought we were going to the Strip but ended up at Market Square. Have you been there? It is rather nice but I would highly suggest the valet parking. We hit up an Italian restaurant then moved on to a small bar. It was great to see so many people downtown and the city preparing for Light Up Night. The best part, besides the company, was talk of a future plan for a girls trip to the Outerbanks early this summer.

An event that came to mind is the Farm to Table tasting in Lawrenceville that took place around this time last year. They brought in sustainable and natural/organic companies from around the region. Thought I would mention this because you seem to go to the city frequently.
EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:55 pm

I have been going to the City more recently, for years I avoided it like the plague. I found the Meet Up sight and have joined several Meet up groups that deal with things I an interested in like Gardening. I have been Dahntahn [ for those of you who are not familiar with Pittsbughese Dahntahn is the opposite of Up Town, :lol: ] a lot more since I found them. I joined several Gardening groups and an environmental group. Turns out there are Meet Up group that deal with almost everything from Young Mothers who want a play date for their little ones, to back packers, to bikers, to Gay/lesbians to people who like to drink wine. What ever floats your boat, there is a meet up group for you. They are a National thing with Meet up Group around the country. I had never heard of it, but once I found it I have been to several interesting meetings about organic pest control, perma culture, reducing your carbon foot print, a seed and plant exchange and now I am attending a meeting about sustainability tomorrow. Its a drive for me to get to the City, so I pick and choose which meetings I attend, but I have enjoyed the ones I have attended. I have to say that it hasn't done anything for my Carbon Footprint though. I feel badly about driving 40 miles to talk about reducing my carbon footprint, it seems anti productive to me some how. Talking to interesting people and sharing ideas is a good thing though and if I have to burn some Gas to get that done I guess it is OK.
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby DevilsBrew » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:17 pm

EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Postby DevilsBrew » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:15 am

Ok, it's Saturday but here is another reason to feel good :D

Band of Brothers rally around boy/Bridgewater Mass
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq7ZgXz_YLc
EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Return to The Hangout