Spring is Here!

Come on in and hang out

Moderator: matt walker

Spring is Here!

Postby mannytheseacow » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:31 pm

I went out to do chores this morning and it was 9*. I said, Thank god, sweet jesus, mother of mary, it's a heatwave! Spring is here! Then I saw the forecast for the next 3 days. :cry:

Scaring when 9* starts feeling warm.
"Knowledge is power. Arm yourself."
mannytheseacow

Re: Spring is Here!

Postby DevilsBrew » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:24 pm

That post cracked me up, in a good way. I feel your pain.

I'm moving. Not sure where and it may take me 10 years but...I'm done. :P

10 Days. I'm counting to my New Year which is the Winter Solstice. The days get longer. :D
EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:30 pm

What Devil, you are feeling old and want to go to Florida to die? What, you don't like the change of seasons any longer? What, You plan on wimping out on us ? What is it that makes someone from the Pa Wilds want to move south? What could possibly make you think that being warm, having a longer growing season and seeing more Flowers would be better than being Tough and staying here? :lol:
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby DevilsBrew » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:39 pm

"The solstice is coming, the solstice is coming, the solsti..."
EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Postby mannytheseacow » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:07 pm

Haha! That's too funny; and I don't even like cats! See ya somewhere near the equator, D.B., Polynesia, SE Asia, time to give this place back to the native Americans and go horn in on somebody else's land (and warmth!!)!
mannytheseacow

Postby matt walker » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:41 am

Geez Manny, I don't know how you do it. That's way, way too cold man. No wonder you have such good insulation!
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:00 pm

Its 9* out side with a wind chill of - 3* today. Definitely a Tit Bit Nippley out there. Going up to my camp hunting tomorrow, I think I will dress in layers, very warm layers. :lol:
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby mannytheseacow » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:15 pm

I've been meaning to ask you about your hunting, Guy. Good luck out there! I'm glad I got my meat during first season back in November the way the cold came on this year.

We had -8 last night and I have to admit I'm eating crow for breakfast- between my little candle/flower pot contraption and the RMH I'm actually staying quite comfortable.

An old timer once taught me to put some black pepper in your socks to help circulation in your feet on these cold days outside. I don't know if the wildlife can smell it but it seems to work. ;)
mannytheseacow

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:27 pm

I did not see a Deer the 1st two days, nothing. Hunted last Sat, saw 2 doe, got my gun up, safety off, tried to pull the trigger and the gun jammed. Oh well. I hunter 2 afternoons here in the back yard, did not see anything. With as cold as its going to be tomorrow I do not think much will be moving about, we shall see. ;)

PS The Good News is that I didn't have to drag anything heavy out of the woods. :lol:
pa_friendly_guy

Postby DevilsBrew » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:57 am

Highs in the 20s now. Be careful, Guy. Another storm tonight and Sat.

Good news. I received word an opportunity is developing that will allow me to travel the country with one of my jobs. That helps with the cabin fever.
EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Next

Return to The Hangout