Birds of Prey Rehabilitation

Come on in and hang out

Moderator: matt walker

Birds of Prey Rehabilitation

Postby DevilsBrew » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:33 pm

xxxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by DevilsBrew on Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Re: Birds of Prey Rehabilitation

Postby GrahamB » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:12 pm

I have been known to sit for hours watching birds of prey. To me there is nothing more regal. One of my favorite places to go back in the old country was an disused limestone quarry. Feral pigeons used to roost there and a pair of peregrine falcons would come in to hunt there. Watching those two turn and twist at over a hundred miles an hour was just awesome to watch.
A guy I used to work with was a falconer and if I hadn't moved here, he was going to train me to get my falconer's license. Over there, you train with an owl and then move to a hawk or falcon when you have qualified.
No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.
GrahamB

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:22 am

If I am ever reincarnated I want to be an Eagle. 8-) I love to see Birds of Pray sore over the hill here riding the wind currents, working the thermals , watching the ground for movement, I love to watch them.
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:09 pm

There is a Local group doing similar work to help injured birds of pray recover. They are in Youngwood Pa, just a few miles from me. They have a large screened in area where the birds can try to learn to fly again, its pretty nice what they are doing.
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Return to The Hangout