Tom Wallisch

Come on in and hang out

Moderator: matt walker

Tom Wallisch

Postby DevilsBrew » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:22 pm

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by DevilsBrew on Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Re: Tom Wallisch

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:56 pm

Skiing down Mt Washington is NUTS, :lol: It is so steep, and ends into the Rail Road Tracks, and if you make it across the Tracks you are in the Ohio River. :lol: There are some great pictures of Pittsburgh, the Liberty Tubes , The Boulevard of the Allies, Mt Washington, some great shots of the City. I enjoyed the show, hope other do as well, our fair city had much to offer. Matt for one will like the ski shots, he does that kind of stuff for fun. Me not so much, ;) I try to avoid things that that can break my Legs. :lol:
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby DevilsBrew » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:53 pm

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by DevilsBrew on Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:14 pm

I had never heard of that race in Pittsburgh. The City has some killer hills, truly Killer hills. That does look pretty amazing. I don't think the race is for me though, ;) maybe in my younger days. :lol: Well, maybe not even them. ;)
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby DevilsBrew » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:02 pm

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by DevilsBrew on Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:04 pm

Here is a Kayak Race at Ohio Pile each year. The Ohiopyle is considered the best white water in the east. The Cheat actually runs fasted, you travel about twice as far in about the same amount of time, but it only runs for a few weeks in the spring. The Youghiogheny River runs all year. The River is the biggest employer in Fayette County. Tourism is King there. There is a very nice State park at Ohiopyle and the Great Alleghany Passage Bike Trail runs through it as well . I have taken the run from Confluence down to the falls in a canoe, some white water but not bad. The trip from the Falls down is where the white water is the best, its called the Middle Yough. I have made that run 3 times, once with the tour [ They have never had anyone drown on the tours ] and 2 other times when a couple of my friends and I just went and cheated death and defied the laws of gravity in rubber rafts. :lol: It was a lot of fun. They regulate how many people they let on the river now, but you can take the short loop from the falls down to the Rail Road Bridge, its a pretty good ride, and get out and you only have about a 1/4 mile walk back. I highly recommend it. :D this is a link to the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkBt-8D5-Ps
pa_friendly_guy

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:20 pm

This is what the river looks like from the falls down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-1jSsCklqA

Its a Great ride. I have only done it in Rubber Rafts, but Kayaks are fun too. From Connellsville down there is very little white water and I have done that run several times in a canoe. There are several places to get out of the river depending on how far you want to paddle. Its a fun day trip , there are even several islands on the river that people camp on over night. Its not that far, you should consider it for a day trip at some point. :D
pa_friendly_guy

Postby DevilsBrew » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:16 am

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:38 am

I have been to Kinzua several times but I have never boated there. I like the Hydro-electrical facility there, truly a unique idea. They use the plant to pump water up to an elevated lake at night, and then at peak electrical demand they allow the water to drop and generate electric. Great idea. :D I bought a Colman canoe recently and my son lives in Clarion. He was planning to use it to take the Clarion River from Ridgeway down stream to Clarion. I got life jackets and paddles for Christmas. :lol:
pa_friendly_guy

Postby DevilsBrew » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:42 am

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Next

Return to The Hangout