The Pilgrim House

Come on in and hang out

Moderator: matt walker

The Pilgrim House

Postby DevilsBrew » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:57 pm

Thought this was rather cool. I have always had an interest in residential architecture and this is one of my favorite styles. A few of my friends growing up in Mass. had bits and pieces of similar colonial designs in their old homes. In addition, a branch of my family traces back to the 1600s in New England and it is a wonder to see how their days were spent.

http://homes.yahoo.com/photos/for-sale- ... slideshow/
EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Re: The Pilgrim House

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:24 pm

The architecture in those older homes is great, very functional, yet very livable. I was impressed by the furniture he had in this house, the value of the antiques alone would be a tidy sum. I am sorry that they did not show all the out building, and what each one was used for when it was built. What is the tall free standing structure shown in the pictures of the site?
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby DevilsBrew » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:03 pm

An old water tower that he converted to an observation tower. It is shown in the 6:49 min video on the following link plus more tours of the property.

http://homes.yahoo.com/blogs/spaces/vid ... 17474.html
EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Postby DevilsBrew » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:10 pm

Chef Walter Staib has a cooking show where he entirely utilizes the old big Rumford cooking fireplaces to make meals. It is pretty cool to watch him at work. Walter can be a little dull but man, he's got skills.
EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Return to The Hangout