[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Permsteading.com • View topic - flying Monkey Smashbomb Atomic IPA

flying Monkey Smashbomb Atomic IPA

Come on in and hang out

Moderator: matt walker

flying Monkey Smashbomb Atomic IPA

Postby DrewInToledo » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:28 am

I stumbled across this tonight.. tasty Citra hops with plenty of Crystal malt background.

Tasty and fun! I haven't seen this one around before... the website looks new as most pages do not contain information:

Appears to be a product of canada, and it doesn't taste like skunk! ;)

The inside of the bottle caps are fun, too. So far, I've opened "The dude abides", and "Jesus loves you, but He loves me more." :)

It's a fun night....

Do vegetarians eat animal crackers or coconut meat?
DrewInToledo

Re: flying Monkey Smashbomb Atomic IPA

Postby matt walker » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:35 am

That looks like a perfect Monday night to me. Haven't heard of that one, I don't think we have it out here.
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:41 pm

My son just made his 1st batch of Home Brew today in my back yard. He bought a good stainless steel pot with a spout for the boil and a kit for everything else. He is making an IPA. He has it in my basement now and is letting it work. It should be ready in a few weeks. So far he is very pleased, when he checked the gravity is was right on, and he got the full 5 gal. From what he has told me it sounds like the cost of starting up a home brewing hobby is about the same as starting to keep bees. Some would say that I chose the wrong hobby. :lol:
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby GrahamB » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:46 am

You could combine the two systems and make mead. I made some years ago and it tasted okay. I set a few bottles away in my wine cellar (understairs closet) and forgot about them. When I was clearing out the house before I moved over here I found them. They were awesome! A beautiful taste and bouquet of honey and they certainly packed a punch. :D
No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.
GrahamB

Postby mannytheseacow » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:04 pm

Welcome to your new addiction, Guy! I keep trying to move closer and closer towards sustainability and growing my own food but homebrewing is just one habit that I have chosen to keep. I'm not growing and malting my own barley and I don't plan to, but dang, homebrew is so cheap, easy and tasty! :D Cheers!
"Knowledge is power. Arm yourself."
mannytheseacow

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:24 pm

For his 1st batch Eric sort of cheated, he bought a concentrate in cans and used that. He also made sort of a tea bag thing that he steeped in the hot water for awhile to add flavor. He did not try to make the malt from scratch, he said he may try that some day, but not for his very 1st batch, lol, he wanted to have success to start. He had a very close friend who sort of taught him all the basics of home brewing when he lived in NY state. That fellow actually grew his own hops and was starting to make his own malt so he was controlling more of the process. I guess if you want to be a purist you can do all that, but if you just want to brew some beer the kits work very nicely. ;)
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Return to The Hangout