[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Permsteading.com • View topic - What's on your mind?

What's on your mind?

Come on in and hang out

Moderator: matt walker

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby mannytheseacow » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:02 am

I see. You've got a hot tub and the ocean, but you still aren't happy! Haha, just kidding.

So, seriously, though... Are they going to be ponds then? I don't recall, is the top of your hill the top of THE hill or just the bottom of a bigger hill? The general rule of thumb is a watershed 10 times the surface area of the pond. I know you know what you're doing... I'm just trying to wrap my head around what you're doing! :lol:
"Knowledge is power. Arm yourself."
mannytheseacow

Postby Lollykoko » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:44 pm

Doing a "hit and run" to try and get this two week old photo of Guy and I posted here. We are standing at his car that was part of the display of electric vehicles at the M.E.N. Fair in PA.

Things are still hectic in my life. The guardianship hearing for my grandchildren was postponed again, so my day will be spent removing bad hydraulic lines on the backhoe, rather than sitting in court. I will find time to get back here and catch up on what everyone else has going on very soon. Promise!
Lollykoko

Postby DrewInToledo » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:18 pm

Lolly,

Nice photo!

I dont think there's much more evil in the world than family court.

Good luck.
Do vegetarians eat animal crackers or coconut meat?
DrewInToledo

Postby matt walker » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:26 pm

So good to see you two! Lolly, I've been thinking about you and your grandchildren. Here's hoping for resolution soon.

I need to catch up around here as well, I'm just back from the Innovator's event in Montana, and off to see Ray this coming weekend. Manny, thanks for picking up my slack around here and trying to help Drew. Drew, I got your phone message last night when I got home, sorry for the long delay man! By now you've probably gotten muddy and answered your own questions, but start a thread in Permsteading or somewhere appropriate if you need more guidance. Or call, that works too.

I had an amazing experience at Paul's place. I met so many fantastic people and building and talking stoves with like minded folks was truly inspiring. I am very, very thankful to Paul and his crew for putting it on and inviting me, and I can't say enough good about all of the innovators, participants and staff I met there. We had a lot of fun.

I arrived home last night in the dark, and it's been 11 days or so since I left, so I'm excited to see how fall has started here at my place. Feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the chores I haven't done in the last two weeks, but I'm sure I'll get past that in a day or two. My farm sitters were already gone when I arrived, but they picked a bowl of plums and left them on the counter and they are absolutely divine! I hope I can still go harvest a few buckets full.
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby matt walker » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:51 pm

We are experiencing some hiccups here as I'm sure you noticed. I'm on the phone with the hosting help desk right now, it seems we've been under attack and they have put us on limited access for a few days. ....

.....and they took off the protection. Should be all fixed now.
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby SilverFlame819 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:37 pm

I was just on Facebook, and someone in a homesteading group posted a rocket stove vid, and underneath it, in the"related videos" link that Facebook does now, a whole slew of Matt's videos popped up. I noticed the cat and was like - hey, mz choco kitty is famous! :-)
SilverFlame819

Postby matt walker » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:22 pm

She's a super star. Lately she's taken to sleeping in a garbage can. Whatever, miss kitty.

How's it goin' Angela? Are you heading west in the RV yet? Maybe you are already there? I had a layover in SLC last weekend and thought about you as I looked out the window of the plane at the city.

On my mind, tired from a great weekend with friends here, harvesting and cooking and playing music and hanging out at the beach and up in the mountains. Just a lovely time. The new heater bench was a hit for sure, and I do forget how fortunate I am when folks oooh and ahhh over all the produce and meat that I often take for granted. Quite a delightful time. I also had some woofer types stop by last week and while they won't be staying here it was nice to have a discussion about possibilities along those lines. I'm getting closer to feeling like that may be something I would like to do, have folks here learning and helping. Not sure yet, but they were good folks and I could see it working with the right people.
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby SilverFlame819 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:35 am

Is the can black? It's probably warm in the sun. :-)

I'm doing okay. Just been living in the RV, saving up money. There's a possibility I may be putting in my two weeks this week and heading for the coast the first week of November. Stuff is up in the air. I just haven't thought it's worth talking about. Just frustrates people, and gets me lectured. ;) There is a possibility that I'll end up here in Salt Lake for the winter. I would head out there now in the RV, but I don't have a landing place, and that thing is a gas hog from hell... if I do end up here this winter I will sell the RV and just head out in my car in the spring...
SilverFlame819

Postby SilverFlame819 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:40 am

... and I'd volunteer to come help you up there, but I've seen the snow you get... my RV would be an igloo! Lol
SilverFlame819

Postby matt walker » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:41 pm

Oh, well, I hope you head out there in November. I think you'll do just fine wherever you are, that's all. Sorry about the lectures! Yeah, black can. Good call, and I looked in there and there's a cushion from an old chair on top of all my junk mail, so it's a cozy pile of garbage for sure.
matt walker
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Hangout