What's on your mind?

Come on in and hang out

Moderator: matt walker

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby SilverFlame819 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:02 pm

My dog doesn't have cancer! We're not exactly sure what is going on with him, but he doesn't have cancer, and I'm excited about it, so sharing the news with the world. :D
SilverFlame819

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:17 pm

That is Great news Silver, I am glad for you. :D
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby Lollykoko » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:19 pm

I'm glad that someone has good news to share today, Silver.
Lollykoko

Postby matt walker » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:04 pm

Hey! That's fantastic, I'm so glad to hear it.
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby SilverFlame819 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:47 am

Cost me a very pretty penny to find out that the issue is NOT cancer, but the peace of mind is worth it - and feeling like I haven't failed my very, very good boy by neglecting to spend the money when the knowledge could save his life.

Also, my roommate talked to the landlord today and cleared the fact with her that he will be staying after I'm gone, and the prospective new roommate filled out his paperwork and paid for the background check, so he should be clear this week to move in at the end of April, and I... I will be moving into my RV at the end of April, unless something wild and crazy comes up.

I've been itching to pack my kitchen stuff, because it's some of the only stuff I have left in this house, so today I went with a friend to some thrift stores and picked up "new" stuff for the kitchen. So now we have stuff that I can use through the next month while MY stuff is tucked nicely away in storage.

Still have upcoming vet appointments for Kedric, trying to figure out what his deal is... and gotta get the vacuum lines for the windshield wiper fluid fixed on the RV so I can get it inspected. Change is coming slowly, but I'm doing what I can with the money I've got.

What is everyone else up to these days? This forum is awfully quiet! I know it's spring (supposedly), so most people are busy working on projects... Would love to hear about them! Even if it's just in the planning stages... :)
SilverFlame819

Postby matt walker » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:21 pm

Yeah, not much computer time here. I'm almost completely spent from fencing for 8 days straight, but I took a day off yesterday after my body told me I had to. I'm gonna try to finish the last section I've got earmarked for this round today, if I can get motivated. But yeah, this forum is pretty slow at times, and spring is definitely one of those times that my updates are few and far between. I'll get motivated one of these days soon and do an update with photos, but for now I am too busy kicking ass around the farm. I'm having an incredibly productive spring! One of the best few months of progress I can recall since I've been on this land. One of the things I love about this forum is we all seem to get out and kick butt around our places and drift away for a bit, then come back when it's time to recharge and get re inspired.
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby Lollykoko » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:29 pm

I'm glad to hear the good news about your dog and your upcoming move, Silver.

Matt, are you doing metal post fencing? Or is this something that you're having to dig holes for to set wooden poles?

I follow an astrologer who just said that some big changes will be coming along for many of us, and explained the planets that are involved right now. Some of them are the "minor planets" that have been discovered over the past couple of decades, and they have very elliptical orbits. That makes them act like a cam in an otherwise sedate system of gears and belts. Some unexpected actions can result! :o

And for sure, this cam action is at work in my life right now. There are issues related to my son's widow and his children, my remaining son and family have 30 days to vacate their home, and my brother in law reported for his last day on the job this morning. Lots of changes taking place in the next six weeks or so. Hopefully things will be calmed down by Beltane!
Lollykoko

Postby TruGrit » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:32 pm

.. I'll chime in to report there ain't much to report .. doing lots of clean up around the place from all the hackin' I did last Fall .. prepping for some huge projects got coming up .. still trying hard to sell our old place, so getting that cleaned up for Spring showings .. when that sells, all heck gonna break loose 'round here .. :lol:
TruGrit

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:16 pm

Sorry to here about your family's problems Lolly. Things do seem to have a way of working out, hope for the best, just give it time, you may find that these things turn out to be blessings in the long run. True it sounds like you are going great guns down your way. I am sure it is much warmer there. I had a 3 day fire going down in the woods last week. Got a lot of brush and dead fall burned up. It felt good to be outside for awhile. Most of the logs were 1/2 rotted and very wet, but with a hot fire under them everything burned. I am trying to get that level area just into the woods cleaned up so I can see if a straw shed will work there for me. There is an area that I think was a small stone quarry years age when they built the road that is fairly level, that is the area I have been working with. I should be getting my bricks delivered soon. I order 5,000 bricks but I have been thing that while they are available maybe I should get 6,000 just to be sure I have enough. I can't beat the price of $100 per 1000 delivered. I will have to clean them myself of course, but that should be easy, the mortar is very old and I think it will fall off easily. At least that's the plan. :lol:
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby matt walker » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:35 pm

Well, I'm officially jealous Guy. That's a great price, I would have a brick everything by now if I had access to that deal.
matt walker
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Hangout