[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Permsteading.com • View topic - Words of Wisdom

Words of Wisdom

Come on in and hang out

Moderator: matt walker

Re: Words of Wisdom

Postby mannytheseacow » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:25 pm

I like that one from your grandpa, Drew, I think I'm gonna use that... I'll forever credit Drew's grandpa on it.

T.S., I hope there's nobody preaching at my funeral! :lol:

I know a lot stuff gets credited to Samuel Clemens and not always were things he said... but here's one that is often credited to him that I relish:
"Travel is fatal to hatred, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness."

... and yes, foot in mouth often personally rings ture. ;)
"Knowledge is power. Arm yourself."
mannytheseacow

Postby mannytheseacow » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:55 pm

And a simple one from the 2010 Nobel Peace Prize winner:

"I have no enemies" -Liu Xiaobo
mannytheseacow

Postby thickstrings » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:29 pm

.... I now realize that Western civilization, while it can be useful in reforming China in its present stage, cannot save humanity in an overall sense. If we stand back from Western civilization for a moment, we can see that it possesses all the flaws of humanity in general....If I, as a person who has lived under China’s autocratic system for more than thirty years, want to reflect on the fate of humanity or how to be an authentic person, I have no choice but to carry out two critiques simultaneously. I must: 1. Use Western civilization as a tool to critique China. 2. Use my own creativity to critique the West.'" Liu Xiaobo ...... flaws of humanity indeed......passive terrorist???
" Life is art...Live a masterpiece"
thickstrings

Postby thickstrings » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:34 pm

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

George Orwell
" Life is art...Live a masterpiece"
thickstrings

Postby mannytheseacow » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:59 am

Yeah! Great one, TS! I think I've probably read that before but never really taken the time to digest those lines. Kind of reminds me of:
"....and yes I recognize the irony of biting the hand that feeds, but that's exactly why privileged f**ks like me should feel obliged to whine, kick, and scream until everyone has everything they need." - Chris Hannah
mannytheseacow

Postby Bobwieser » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:24 pm

Success has many fathers, but failure is an orphan. (adapted and used by JFK and many others)
The Older I Get, The Smarter My Parents Were. -- Mark Twain
The more I know the more I know I don't know.
He bites his tongue who speaks in haste. ~Turkish Proverb
Better to keep quiet and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
When you hurry you go slow.
Never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Sorry I'm sure I got some wrong and didn't give credit since I don't know.

Some people think I'm smart, but I know better than them.---- Bobwieser
Bobwieser

Postby mannytheseacow » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:40 pm

mannytheseacow

Postby TruGrit » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:32 pm

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch .. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
.. Ben Franklin
TruGrit

Postby Bobwieser » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:39 am

If you want to feel rich, count your blessings. From my naybors Dad to him and then to me.
If wishes were horses then beggars would ride. And, You wish in your left hand and Shit in the right, you tell me which fills first. From my Grandmother to my Mom then to me.
Bobwieser

Postby 4seasons » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:41 pm

4seasons

PreviousNext

Return to The Hangout