[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Permsteading.com • View topic - Words of Wisdom

Words of Wisdom

Come on in and hang out

Moderator: matt walker

Re: Words of Wisdom

Postby DrewInToledo » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:16 am

This one i find incredibly powerful.. And it proves that you are a winner. Especially meaningful to those feeling unworthy.

"You were a winner from the moment you were born.
There were several hundred billion sperm in one glob chasing this one egg.
They were all in a race. The prize was this egg, and they were all swimming as fast as they could.
There were billions of them, and you won.
You won the first race you were ever in."
Dr Wayne Dyer – Staying on the Path
Do vegetarians eat animal crackers or coconut meat?
DrewInToledo

Postby mannytheseacow » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:49 pm

"Knowledge is power. Arm yourself."
mannytheseacow

Postby thickstrings » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:54 am

“Conquer anger with non-anger. Conquer badness with goodness. Conquer meanness with generosity. Conquer dishonesty with truth.”
The Buddha [From the Dhammapada]
" Life is art...Live a masterpiece"
thickstrings

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:57 pm

I had to give a speak last Sunday for the Citizen of the Year banquet in our small town. I had no clue what I was going to say about the Gentleman who was chosen this year and then I got this thread on Friday. I used 2 quotes from Thick Strings, the one from Thoreau and the one from Longfellow. Thanks for the inspiration. I had the key note address, my speech lasted about 10 min, and I delivered it, I didn't read it. Everyone was pleased including the Citizen of the year. Thanks again for the help guys.
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:01 pm

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago, the second best time is today. Chinese proverb
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby Bobwieser » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:23 am

You don't stop riding because your old, you get old because you stop riding,
Bobwieser

Postby wfwarner » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:18 am

I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to be.
wfwarner

Postby mannytheseacow » Sun May 03, 2015 3:34 pm

"There is a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can't take part. You can't even passively take part. And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it — that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all." -Mario Savio
mannytheseacow

Postby thickstrings » Tue May 05, 2015 12:12 pm

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."

Denis Diderot
" Life is art...Live a masterpiece"
thickstrings

Postby mannytheseacow » Tue May 05, 2015 10:15 pm

Now that deserves a like button, too, TS. I've never heard of Diderot before but from a quick search of the net he is full of good stuff.
mannytheseacow

PreviousNext

Return to The Hangout