[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Permsteading.com • View topic - Rocket Stove Pizza Oven

Rocket Stove Pizza Oven

Rocket Mass Heaters, Rocket Ovens, Cold boxes, Solar collectors, etc..
Talk about your projects

Moderator: matt walker

Re: Rocket Stove Pizza Oven

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:37 pm

Jim, go to my thread about my Rocket Stove Cooked and on page 3,[ Might not be three, but it is several pages back ] There is a video about a guy who made an out door kitchen with Rocket Stoves and a Rocket Oven, all of which he had built from Cobb. The units were counter hight so there was no bending over, and each burner had its own fire so they could be controlled separely. I loved the design. There is also a design that uses one fire for several burners, but since wood is not really an issue with me, I liked having the ability to control each burner separetly. I thought his unit was very well designed and easy to operate.
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby Lollykoko » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:20 pm

Guy, I will have to go looking myself. I remember seeing a video along those lines, yet haven't stumbled across it on any of my long YouTube nights.
Lollykoko

Postby Jimlakeside » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:47 pm

I put together my rocket oven enough to test it yesterday. (I don't know how to add pictures and I haven't found the instructions on this site yet.) The oven worked great!! I was getting 400 degrees between the two barrels. I haven't drilled a hole in the inner barrel yet. I was losing a tremendous amount of heat because I have not insulated the outer barrel or rocket stove yet. I did bake two potatoes, but it took a long time. I'm really excited, because if this small one works, then I will build a larger better quality one. I really think once I get it insulated that I can get the oven temperature up high enough to cook bread and/or pizza.
Jimlakeside

Postby matt walker » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:50 pm

Congrats Jim! That's great that such a small combustion unit is able to provide enough heat, I'm sure insulation will make a huge difference.

As for pics, the best way is to use a photo hosting site like Photobucket and then link to the image here using their IMG code, which you can just copy and paste from there to here.
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:55 pm

That is GREAT Jim. 400 degrees is enough to Bake Bread or Pizza. You will find that the insulation will make a Huge difference in how the Oven performs. Have you installed the baffles in the unit yet? I am glad to know that the 4" burner is enough to Bake. Did you fire it hard all the time? Or once it good up to heat could you back off the fireing a bit?
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby DevilsBrew » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:13 pm

I am looking forward to the pictures.
EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Postby Jimlakeside » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:28 pm

Jimlakeside

Postby Jimlakeside » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:09 pm

Success!! I insulated the oven, put in a temporary damper and got the oven to 550 degrees!!! Once it got to 500 I was able to keep it there for 30 minutes before I stopped. I have downloaded pictures in Dropbox, but I still can't figure pout how to post them.
Jimlakeside

Postby matt walker » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:52 am

Right on Jim! Amazing you can hold that temp with such a small system, that's really very cool.

I don't know how drop box works, but if the image is hosted there, and it's public, put the link here in your post, highlight the link, and click the "img" button above the reply box. That should put the img code at both ends of the link and show the pic in your post.
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby Jimlakeside » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:26 pm

I made this rocket stove a few months ago before I was interested in a rocket oven. So I decided to make the oven around the stove.

When I clicked on the preview the picture did not show up so I added this link from Dropbox here. I highlighted the link and clicked on Img, but it didn't work.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/tplofm4nrszbn74/hTBga9TpKi
Jimlakeside

PreviousNext

Return to Heating and Cooling