[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Permsteading.com • View topic - Rocket Stove Pizza Oven

Rocket Stove Pizza Oven

Rocket Mass Heaters, Rocket Ovens, Cold boxes, Solar collectors, etc..
Talk about your projects

Moderator: matt walker

Re: Rocket Stove Pizza Oven

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:31 pm

Its been a couple of weeks since you posted anything about your oven Jim. Have you tried the changes you talked about to the chimney and damper? Have you had time to bake anything in your new oven yet? We would love to hear about how things are going for you.
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby Jimlakeside » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:04 pm

The oven is virtually finished. I have cooked bread and a pumpkin pie in the oven. It works great. I have a 4 inch to 3 inch reducer and a much shorter chimney.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mwixw1fpkmx4f ... .27.25.jpg[url][/url]

I built a self feeding stove this weekend. You can load two foot pieces of wood and don't have to constantly feed them into the fire.

It also works great.

Sorry for the blurry photo, but there was a lot of heat coming out of the chimney!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cfsd7g5ptfj7e ... .20.29.jpg

Eventually this stove will go into a small mass heater and I will build another one for the oven.
Jimlakeside

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:41 pm

That looks great Jim. I am glad that the 4" can produce enough fire and heat to run the Bake Oven. That's great news. :D
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby DevilsBrew » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:28 pm

I am thinking about you today, Guy. Does your nose itch? :lol: Did you put the stove away for the winter? The temps have dropped drastically. I've got a brick oven half done. I'm considering finishing it up and maybe using it over the winter on decent days. I would have to use charcoal because I don't want to mess with it. I'm wondering what you are up to since you aren't that far away.
EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:46 pm

I just bought a tarp to cover it for the winter just this week. :D My nose is fine, ;) My neighbor wants to use it to make some Pizza before I put it away for the winter. He has never used it or seen it operate, and he wants to before I close it up for the winter. I kind of am thinking like you, there are often very nice warm days in the winter around here where you could just uncover it and heat it up [ It only takes maybe 15 min to get her hot ] and cook a pizza or some bread or something else that is very tasty. I figured I would go ahead and move it to the new location before winter. I have to move a bunch of fire wood to be able to do that, Oh Bother, :lol: I am not very motivated right now. Feel more like Hibernating that working.

PS I would love to see some pictures of your oven, it sound Great. :D
pa_friendly_guy

Postby DevilsBrew » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:16 am

EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:14 pm

I found this video on the net. Is your oven something like this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1QToDg3Ow0

It seemed like an easy design, easy to build, easy to take apart since you don't own the land, and easy to heat up and use. The KISS principle at its best. ;)
pa_friendly_guy

Postby DevilsBrew » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:05 pm

Yep! That is the pizza oven design. I found out that I could smoke food by making it a box. Once I get it insulated I am going to try to bake.

Here, I will embarrass myself and post my first oven. I am an Alton Brown fan that took his idea and put my broke ass spin on it. :lol: But if there is ever a natural disaster or zombie attack, then I know I can always smoke pork loin ribs in a pinch :lol: :

My oven for the winter will be larger, like the pizza oven.

My personal preference leans towards rocket stove cooking. Long term I am putting a rocket stove in a traditional brick oven. I find the open stove cooking too messy, takes too much time, and wastes too much wood for my tastes. Open fire pits are fun but I would never cook over one now unless I absolutely had to.
EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:37 pm

Here is the thread Matt was talking about Jefe. I used 4 barrels, one slightly smaller than 55 gal. The oven works well, it heats up quickly with very little wood and cooks pizza like your regular oven would. It is not a Black oven, and it does not cook pizza in 90 sec, ;) but it is ready to bake in 10 to 15 min and once you are done baking you let the fire go out and do not use any more fuel. There are advantages and disadvantages to each type of oven, I chose this type for fuel efficiency. My friend build a cob oven similar to some you will see here, he loves it. But when he cooks pizza it becomes an event, it takes 2 hours to heat up the oven, but then it will cook a pizza in 90 sec, then he will cook maybe 30 pizzas and have a lot of friends over and have a party . I can cook one or two pizzas for supper and am done quickly. My oven takes about as long as a regular gas or electric oven does to bake a pizza.
pa_friendly_guy

Previous

Return to Heating and Cooling