[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Permsteading.com • View topic - Castable core

Castable core

Rocket Mass Heaters, Rocket Ovens, Cold boxes, Solar collectors, etc..
Talk about your projects

Moderator: matt walker

Re: Castable core

Postby matt walker » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:32 pm

I like that thought Carter. I know that PvdB really encourages a sweep at the back/bottom of the riser to help with flow in that critical spot. I've been adding this after the casting by just slapping a handful of casting mix back there and shaping it by hand. I find joining the round pipe to a core is really easy to do just as you suggested above. I say go for it.
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby Prescott » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:45 pm

Hey Carter, welcome aboard!

I haven't read this whole thread yet, instead I have an opportunity to upload my progress and we can pick up from there. Please let me know if I don't answer your questions or give rise to more. I'm posting the thread with the name "up to my plenum" and you'll see why...

You have found an amazing resource here, pick our brains and chip in what yours churns out!

~p
Prescott

Postby alex52e » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:48 am

alex52e

Postby matt walker » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:10 am

Yep, just like that. If you look at Manny's little cook stove thread his mold has a real simple implementation of this feature. Nice job, by the way, Manny.

matt walker
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Heating and Cooling