[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Permsteading.com • View topic - Drew's build, maybe...

Drew's build, maybe...

Rocket Mass Heaters, Rocket Ovens, Cold boxes, Solar collectors, etc..
Talk about your projects

Moderator: matt walker

Re: Drew's build, maybe...

Postby DrewInToledo » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:13 pm

Do vegetarians eat animal crackers or coconut meat?
DrewInToledo

Postby matt walker » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:33 pm

Nice one Drew. I've done that same as Mr. Shartne there said, and it does go pretty quick. Your way is way more manly though, and makes cooler noises.
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby DrewInToledo » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:42 pm

DRAT!! I missed a score at work! I should have just taken the material, but tried to go about it the "right" way and by the time I got off work, it was all gone. :(

The stuff on the ground to the right was mostly metal. I believe the contractors doing the renovation scores a lot of scrap ca$h.

DrewInToledo

Postby mannytheseacow » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:50 pm

Dang, Drew! That does look like it would have been a good score! :(
"Knowledge is power. Arm yourself."
mannytheseacow

Postby DrewInToledo » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:41 pm

It's nothing new to see, and prolly not worthy of a post, but I managed to whip together the core.

Here's a short video: http://vid215.photobucket.com/albums/cc ... 23a33d.mp4

Yesterday, I took the remaining vermiculite and mixed with some soil from my yard and made the insulated heat riser.

Boy, this thing roared pretty well. I acutally packed the riser WHILE burning a fire in it. The rocket picked up as I added material. I would encourage anyone thinking about building one just for an experiment to DO IT! It's just FUN--I've been trimming my trees and burning the twigs/limbs green!

This will most likely turn into a BBQ where I will bury the core into the ground to lower the cooking surface.
DrewInToledo

Postby matt walker » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:45 pm

YES! Totally post-worthy man, it's great to see another build. You are going to have fun with it, and yep, they are perfect for burning yard sticks. Can't wait to see what you turn it into.
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby mannytheseacow » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:40 pm

Awesome Drew! I can't wait to see what you do with it. I can envision a BBQ in the trunk of your low rider!
"Knowledge is power. Arm yourself."
mannytheseacow

Postby DrewInToledo » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:12 pm

I had an issue when I tried placing the core in the ground.

Nothing but a small crack. A minor setback.

I should have cast it in the ground. It was performing well,too.
DrewInToledo

Postby matt walker » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:35 pm

Oh man, I know that feeling! So, as silly as this sounds, can you just use the parts as pre-shaped bricks, and build the thing in the hole, using a little clay/sand to stick 'em together? I think you can.
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby DrewInToledo » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:46 pm

I was thinking the same Matt. I'm not deterred. Like I said--minor setback. I've something else up my sleeve.
DrewInToledo

PreviousNext

Return to Heating and Cooling