[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Permsteading.com • View topic - My Small Gasifier for Cooking

My Small Gasifier for Cooking

Rocket Mass Heaters, Rocket Ovens, Cold boxes, Solar collectors, etc..
Talk about your projects

Moderator: matt walker

Re: My Small Gasifier for Cooking

Postby hpmer » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:35 am

No, no feed tube, just an extra wide cut-out in the pot stand to drop additional sticks in. Not sure how you'd configure a feed tube into the equation.
hpmer

Postby DevilsBrew » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:24 pm

My Flavor of the Month

Empyre Stove
EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Postby DevilsBrew » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:55 pm

Love this. Might be an answer to the feeding of rocket/gasifier hybrids outdoors. My thought is that you could take two or more and hook them up to an oven/stove or multiple ovens.

EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Postby hpmer » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:42 pm

I still think it's easier to increase the size of the system. An 8" system has four times the output of a 4" (not two times) and is more efficient to boot, less units to feed etc.

Interesting idea though.
hpmer

Postby DevilsBrew » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:43 am

EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Postby DevilsBrew » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:24 pm

Haven't had time to check this out on youtube so I have no idea what people are doing. I am planning on drilling holes in the bottom similar to this:

I am curious to see if the fire will burn down. I am even more curious to see if I can actually build a little tester to get it to work. Ha!
EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:08 pm

The answer is Yes, the fire will burn down once it is going. My old Rite Way Stove was designed that way with a 2nd combustion chamber to burn the gases in the smoke. You had to burn the unit Hot to make that happen, but it was designed to do just that. That is how they claimed over a 70% burn back in the 1970's. It was a steel stove with cast iron grates so you could burn coal as well, when you open the stove up to add wood you had to 1st crack the ash pit door, then slid open a metal baffle that opened the stove pipe up above in the stove and then, and only then you did the number 3 and opened the stove door. If you tried to open the stove door with out the other 2 first it would flash back at you, or it would puff out the smoke. The idea of burning the gases in the smoke is not a new one. We have come a long way in our designs as to how we do that. The problem with the old Rite Way design was that if you burned it hot enough to get the secondary burn you would warp the steel body and most likely burn out the grates because most people did not clean out the ashes often enough. The theory of a down draft stove is sound, it works well, and you get the advantage of getting the heat from the gases with that secondary burn. Just look at the Rocket Stove design if you need more proof.
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Previous

Return to Heating and Cooling