[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Permsteading.com • View topic - My Small Gasifier for Cooking

My Small Gasifier for Cooking

Rocket Mass Heaters, Rocket Ovens, Cold boxes, Solar collectors, etc..
Talk about your projects

Moderator: matt walker

Re: My Small Gasifier for Cooking

Postby DevilsBrew » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:22 pm

Good news...I built a tin can gasifier
Bad news...Lake Effect snow. It's 19 degrees without the windchill and I can't keep the darn thing lit.

EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:44 pm

It looks like a nice one Devil, well made, and just like the one you see on line. I am betting you will be able to get it lit in no time. ;)
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby DevilsBrew » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:54 pm

EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:20 pm

Do you think you will use it to make any Biochar ? I know it would only produce a very small amount, but they say a small amount can make a big difference. :D
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby DevilsBrew » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:15 pm

EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Postby DevilsBrew » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:37 am

This is a ramble of mine. I am seeing more and more interest in stoves creating electricity. Most of these are gasifiers but I am sure it can be done with others, including rockets.
EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Postby mannytheseacow » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:50 pm

"Knowledge is power. Arm yourself."
mannytheseacow

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:59 pm

Here is a link,

http://www.rei.com/product/846334/bioli ... |bing|main

The heat from the fire is used to generate electric somehow. I am not sure of the process, I think it is a chemical reaction somehow. Apparently the tech works, and it has been around for awhile now. I think this link is posted elsewhere in another thread here.
pa_friendly_guy

Postby DevilsBrew » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:10 pm

Jumping online real quick - at the end of lunch break -

The little packs are for sale online. Mainly used for camping and boating. With all that has been going on, I haven't had a chance to do much research other than remember watching youtube videos a little ways back when I started researching the Kimberly. This link is from the Unforgettable Fire website. http://www.unforgettablefirellc.com/videos/rv/

Google the Biolite camping stove.

Sorry, have to run... :D
EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Postby mannytheseacow » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:49 pm

Hmm. That's pretty interesting. How do we do that on the large scale? That REI gadget is pretty awesome but I don't know that I would really do more than play with it once and then put it on the shelf. I could see a bigger version being pretty useful, though.
"Knowledge is power. Arm yourself."
mannytheseacow

PreviousNext

Return to Heating and Cooling