[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Permsteading.com • View topic - Room Heater

Room Heater

Rocket Mass Heaters, Rocket Ovens, Cold boxes, Solar collectors, etc..
Talk about your projects

Moderator: matt walker

Room Heater

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:34 pm

My son found this on the net and thought I might be interested. I have not tried it yet but I thought I would pass it along for those of us who can't install a Rocket Stove. I thought it was a pretty good idea if it works as advertised. ;)

http://www.naturalcuresnotmedicine.com/ ... eap%20heat
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Re: Room Heater

Postby Lollykoko » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:53 pm

Guy, I recently shared this with my Facebook circle. I hope more people can be made aware of the idea, since if there is a power outage in cold climes it might make the difference that allows you to stay in your home, safely.

Since I camp at the farm a lot, I have used a variation on this idea to get me through some cold periods. Mine was a single pot over the propane stove burner turned to a low flame. The clay pot collects all the lampblack, reducing the pollutants released in the air. I was advised to keep some air circulating in the area, but when you are in a pop-up camper that is less of a problem than you might realize (especially in August when the temps are in triple digits).

Now my to do/shopping list includes a stop at the garden center for some clay pots. :lol:
Lollykoko

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:20 pm

Here is another variation on the same idea. They seem to work well for a small area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzKbFzUEWkA
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:14 pm

I liked how this guy set things up. I thought the beer can chicken roaster was a good idea. He doesn't talk about how he made it, but it is the same as the others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXO7HKjtYZM
pa_friendly_guy

Postby hpmer » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:17 pm

I think this is the original: http://heatstick.com/_KanHeet01.htm
hpmer

Postby DevilsBrew » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:56 pm

Last edited by DevilsBrew on Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Postby DevilsBrew » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:57 pm

EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Postby DevilsBrew » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:00 pm

EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Postby mannytheseacow » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:02 am

"Knowledge is power. Arm yourself."
mannytheseacow

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:34 am

Glad you can use it Manny. I liked the idea when I 1st saw it today. I don't think it is an end all to cure all, but I think it has potential in limited spaces or in emergency situations when the power goes out etc.
pa_friendly_guy

Next

Return to Heating and Cooling