[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Permsteading.com • View topic - My first casting

My first casting

Rocket Mass Heaters, Rocket Ovens, Cold boxes, Solar collectors, etc..
Talk about your projects

Moderator: matt walker

Re: My first casting

Postby Bobwieser » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:17 pm

Glad I could help Manny. I did use the pictures here http://donkey32.proboards.com/thread/74 ... uld#page=1 as a guide for making my molds. I did make mine horizantal instead of vertical as shown.
I found a sketchup form Peter, can't find where yet but I have it saved to my computer if you want me to send it to you, or I.ll post the link when I find it. As to your questions:
1) As far as I understand the angles for in the drawing at 45 deg so the wood will stay close together at the end of the burn. The dimentions are per the calculations of a 6" flu at 12.96 high, 8.64 wide and I went with 25.75 deep fire box. I want to load 20" logs without blocking the port.

2) The P-chanel is for secondary air, I got free 3/4x1 1/2 rectangle tube that I cut and welded. It runs over the top from the feed opening and doen to the top of the port opening. The wings around the riser on my casting are to support my insulated chimney and leave room for the P-chanel under it.

I have some pics I'll post them soon.
Bobwieser

Postby peterberg » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:50 pm

regards, Peter
+52° 1' 47.35", +4° 22' 57.60"
peterberg

Postby mannytheseacow » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:59 pm

Thanks guys, I get it now. THat's how I thought the p channel worked but I was missing the fact that Bob had something leading from the front of the stove to the back of the firebox. Looking at why he had a brick over the opening in the video, it all makes sense now.
"Knowledge is power. Arm yourself."
mannytheseacow

Postby matt walker » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:24 pm

Peter, I don't think I've said it yet, but thank you for coming here and adding to the discussion. I really appreciate your insights my friend. Welcome!
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby peterberg » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:54 pm

Happy about the appreciation and glad to be of any help. This whole rocket stove business is great fun! Now and then there's something new to develop, even greater fun.
regards, Peter
+52° 1' 47.35", +4° 22' 57.60"
peterberg

Postby Bobwieser » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:16 pm

Peter I must thank you for sharing so much as you have. I have learned so much from reading the many posts you have contributed to. Your attention to details and testing is amaising. Thank you Mat, after seeing so many misinforming youtube vids I finally found your cast video and ultimatly found this site. I do like your commen sense to things, such as "if metal in the burn areas isn't burning up your stove is not efficent enough". I love your advice of "you will learn a lot after an hour of getting muddy and things will be clear".

I found where I got the sketchup drawings for my castings they are here http://donkey32.proboards.com/thread/69 ... hbox-model
4th post down (6") for castable refractory and a mould model.

The drawing I used is this one. https://app.box.com/s/judacqj9iejq17o9rka8

Duty calls, got to troubleshoot a problem with the granite block saw. It's not making muck when its not cutting. Cheers.
Bobwieser

Previous

Return to Heating and Cooling