[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Permsteading.com • View topic - RMH in TN

RMH in TN

Rocket Mass Heaters, Rocket Ovens, Cold boxes, Solar collectors, etc..
Talk about your projects

Moderator: matt walker

Re: RMH in TN

Postby wileythenord » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:54 pm

Thanks Oddmar!

I purposely didn't make my first cast any more complicated than I had to. I figure I'll run this one for a few seasons and after building a few more systems I can tear this one out and improve it.

Thanks for the heads up on those things, I had planned for some of them, but I too had thought only about dropping an 8" cleanout into the side and calling it done, now I know it needs to be a bigger cavity and I'll address that. The plan is to get things rolling this weekend, so I'll try to have some pics up on monday.
wileythenord

Postby matt walker » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:20 pm

Oddmar, that's such a great overview. You managed to condense the last four years or so into one post! I wonder if you'd mind if I cut that out and sticky it?

I disagree a bit with (E)...I'm not convinced there's any reburn function in the barrel. It sheds heat so fast it I believe it stops any combustion at that point. I do think the 2.5-3" gap is minimum. Larger gaps do change performance, but due to many different factors in my opinion.

Also, as for the priming fan..if it's going to be a permanent install I'd much rather see a tangential arrangement. Much better longevity and no chance of restriction.

Nonetheless, tons of great info there.
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby Oddmar » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:32 am

Feel free to cut it out and sticky it.

Anything to save people time, effort, and (cough!, cough!) :)
Darrell "Jake" Jacob, Oddmar on all the forums, KC9PZN to all you amateurs.
Oddmar

Postby Oddmar » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:34 am

Oddmar

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:50 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;) ;) ;) :o :o :o :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) He made a FUNNY !!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby matt walker » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:05 pm

:shock:

:D
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby Oddmar » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:10 am

Oddmar

Postby matt walker » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:29 am

Oh, yeah, I guess I am. I'll do it right now before I forget again.
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby hpmer » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:51 pm

I second the motion. That really is a great write-up.
hpmer

Postby wileythenord » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:45 pm

Sorry guys, my uncle passed away last weekend and I didn't get to work on the heater, and this past weekend was holidays so....
wileythenord

PreviousNext

Return to Heating and Cooling