Bees, Bee Keeping, Feral Hives

Grow some food and stuff!

Moderator: matt walker

Re: Bees, Bee Keeping, Feral Hives

Postby Lollykoko » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:44 pm

That is really bad news, Guy. :o :? :cry:

Though I'll admit to hoping that someone came and spirited them away to a new location rather than the disappearance being part of the massive kill-off of pollinators across the nation.
Lollykoko

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:01 am

Thanks Lolly, but I do believe that they are victim of the Vacant Bee Syndrome . I can't account for their disappearance in any other way.
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:00 pm

I attended a meeting in Pittsburg for a new environmental group a few weeks back that was just starting. I ran into a fellow that kept Bees and told him that I had a feral hive in a tree that just vacated. He told me that when Bees swarm and look for a new home they will find my tree. They will have to fix it up a bit but it will feel like home to a swarm. He told me that even the wax was enough to bring them in. I was very pleased to hear this, even if it takes several years for a new hive to find me there is Hope for the future :D .
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby Lollykoko » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:07 pm

That is good news, Guy.
Lollykoko

Previous

Return to Garden, Pasture, Forest