[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Permsteading.com • View topic - Visiting Polyface Farm and Gathering American Chestnuts

Visiting Polyface Farm and Gathering American Chestnuts

Grow some food and stuff!

Moderator: matt walker

Re: Visiting Polyface Farm and Gathering American Chestnuts

Postby George Collins » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:56 pm

Just arrived at The Iberian Pig. About to try Jamon Iberico de Bellota for the first time (as well as a bunch of other things) for the first time. Review to follow.
"Solve world hunger, tell no one." "The, the, the . . . The Grinch!"

"If you can't beat them, bite them."
George Collins

Postby George Collins » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:20 pm

Jamon Iberico de Bellota is certainly one of, if not the best tasting things that I've ever held in my mouth. I tasted it first and then tasted Jamon Serrano and the difference was vast. The acorn fed stuff was WAY better.

George Collins

Postby George Collins » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:31 pm

The Iberican Pig is the best restaurant I've ever eaten at. The menu was so overwhelming, I asked our waiter to disign our meal for us. There was a nonstop stream of food brought to our table. Every dish was delicious. Every dish was memorable. The wine was adorable. The dessert - to die for.

However, the Jamon Iberico de Bellota blew the rest of it away. It is the Joe Calzaghe of the culinary world.

It is, quite simply, the best single mouthful of food I've ever experienced.

George Collins

Postby boo » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:53 pm

Great photo George and I tip my hat to you and your friends for your service to your country - well done. Thanks for sharing.
boo

Postby George Collins » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:16 am

Here is a picture of The Iberian Pig restaurant.

Here's a pretty little waterfall we found while visiting this:

We had not planned on going to Stone Mountain but when we found out we were only ten minutes from it we decided the opportunity was too good to pass up.

George Collins

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:46 pm

I have wanted to go and see Stone Mountain, but I have never been there. It looks very Impressive. I have been to Mount Rushmore and that was very amazing. I was only in Ga twice, had the opertunity to visit Savannah once. I loved it there, the Beautiful old homes, the history, the Southern Charm, it is such a wonderful City. I was in Atlanta for a football trip. Enjoyed myself there. Atlanta was growing so fast back then that only 17% of the people in Atlanta had been born in Atlanta.
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby boo » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:16 pm

I've never seen anything like Stone Mountain.........it is spectacular. Thanks for sharing George.
boo

Postby George Collins » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:31 pm

Today we had some time to kill and it just so happened the Georgia Guidesstones lay along our route.

If you aren't familiar with the Georgia Guidestones:

We stayed until solar noon to see at least one of the astronomical uses of the Guidestones come to bear. As noon approached, a lighted circle projected onto the southern aspect of the center megalith. The circle diminished into a thin line and then at solar noon, disappears. Here is a picture of the circle of light before it began diminishing in size:

George Collins

Postby Lollykoko » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:44 am

Impressive stones!

I missed seeing Stone Mountain due to rainy weather while we were in the area. Interesting carving there. I'll have to look into it a bit, I guess.
Lollykoko

Postby George Collins » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:38 am

So here we are within striking distance of the summit of Evere . . . er, Chimney Rock and foul weather keeps us in our expedition shelter (aka hotel room).

G!

Rain!

Plant black walnuts, get a drought.

Go on vacation and get a flood!

100% chance of rain for the rest of the day.

George Collins

PreviousNext

Return to Garden, Pasture, Forest