What are you guys planning for you 2012 Garden?

Grow some food and stuff!

Moderator: matt walker

Re: What are you guys planning for you 2012 Garden?

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:43 am

The sledding was short lived, the snow was all gone this morning and the damage was done. I walked up to the garden this evening, the potatos looked pretty peeked, but I really think they should be OK. The tops were all frozen and hanging down low, and looked like the snow really nipped them badly, but I think the roots will push new tops or make the old ones perk up again. At least thats my story and I am sticking to it. :roll:
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby Lollykoko » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:32 am

I was wondering about you, Guy. Time for a trip to the nursery for new seedlings?

Potatoes are resilient. Apparently I overlooked one last fall when I dug up 100 sq. feet of potato patch (got 9 potatoes for my trouble). When I dug the patch up last week to plant seed for this year I saw one good sized baker and several new potatoes mixed in with the soil I was moving. They are planted a little deeper now.
Lollykoko

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:25 pm

I too had several potato plants volunteer from last year, but I moved the potato patch to a new area this year, so they look like a weed in the lettus patch, lol I am letting them go, They will still produce potatos for me. I do let some volunteers go. I got some yellow cherry tomatos that way last year.
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Previous

Return to Garden, Pasture, Forest