Coldframes

Grow some food and stuff!

Moderator: matt walker

Re: Coldframes

Postby mannytheseacow » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:15 pm

Haha! That is hilarious. What beautiful creatures. I remember seeing manatees for the first time when I was a kid. It came up and grabbed some vegetation with those big mitten-like fins, and I think right then and there a lightbulb went off in my head and I totally understood evolution.

But, maybe it's high time I introduce you all to the real "mannytheseacow". So without further ado:

It's a gentle creature that spends most of its summers underwater, though it comes to the surface in an occasional raging rapid.
"Knowledge is power. Arm yourself."
mannytheseacow

Postby mannytheseacow » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:22 pm

February 7 in northwest Illy-nwah. Shoveled a foot of snow off my cold frames and went inside to harvest a bunch of chard. Thinned out all the turnips and traded the goats turnips for some manure-bedding to prep some of the beds with. Maybe jumping the gun, but sewed a square of kale. Feeling especially thankful for all I have today.
"Knowledge is power. Arm yourself."
mannytheseacow

Postby matt walker » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:27 pm

So cool that you are still pulling food out of there. I sewed a row of cool greens in the greenhouse last week and the whole row is sprouting. I'm ready for salads again now.
matt walker
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Garden, Pasture, Forest