PermaBlitz

Links and discussion to broaden our horizons

Moderator: matt walker

PermaBlitz

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:16 pm

I did not know where this information belonged but I thought it was interesting. The idea is that a group of people get together for a day and improve a back yard in the suburbs. They share ideas and expertise with others. The whole thing is documented on film and then you go on and do another one.

http://www.permablitz.net/?start=5

It looks like they have done a few here in the Burgh, I like the idea of people helping people.
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Re: PermaBlitz

Postby boo » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:08 pm

This really is a great idea. There are permaculture groups in most major towns/cities who do these 'blitzes and the idea is that you go along and volunteer at a certain number of Permablitzes and then it's your turn to have your garden done. You have to have everything that will be needed (cardboard, newspapers, manure, compost and plants etc) delivered before the Permablitz day and you "feed and water" the troops on the ground. Great way to build communities!
boo

Re: PermaBlitz

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:07 pm

I liked the idea as well. It does seem to be a Great way to build community, as well as getting a lot done to help the earth. There are many things that go so much better if you have Help. :D
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Return to Educational Resources