[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Permsteading.com • View topic - Rendering Lard

Rendering Lard

Canning, Dehydrating, Freezing, Fermenting, etc.

Moderator: matt walker

Re: Rendering Lard

Postby matt walker » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:57 pm

matt walker
Site Admin

Postby matt walker » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:20 pm

Got another batch in the oven now. Thanks again George.
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby George Collins » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:39 am

I am SO tickled that you enjoyed them so much. Breakfasts in the Collins home went through many a pan of sub-amazing biscuits until that one came along. But then I'm a bit of a biscuit mercenary. (My wife calls me a biscuit snob.)
"Solve world hunger, tell no one." "The, the, the . . . The Grinch!"

"If you can't beat them, bite them."
George Collins

Postby George Collins » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:14 pm

I probably should have included this with the original post but hopefully tis better late than ne'er.

George Collins

Postby matt walker » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:32 pm

This is pre lard I assume?
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby George Collins » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:43 pm

Yes. Lard was the ingredient moreso than any other hat elevated the game. The part of the process that provided the last piece of the puzzle, that through em over the top was transferring the dough ball into a dough bowl so as to super-saturate it with the maximum amount of flour. The way that step in the process was arrived at was when my parents had a local woodcarver hand carve them a dough bowl. They have never used it for anything other than as a decorative item. however, I always wondered why such a thing would exist as a single use item. Then one day I hit upon what I believe to be the only rational explanation for having such a specialized item - to super-saturate a dough ball with flour. I knew from the very first batch after initiating the use of the second bowl that I had hit upon something special.

George Collins

Previous

Return to Stocking Up