[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Permsteading.com • View topic - Snow!! Finally....

Snow!! Finally....

Come on in and hang out

Moderator: matt walker

Snow!! Finally....

Postby matt walker » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:33 am

Winter has been slow in coming this year, but we're finally getting some snow. I'm loving it! Hoping for more tonight, hunkered down by the stove looking at the latest satellite images.

matt walker
Site Admin

Re: Snow!! Finally....

Postby matt walker » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:45 am

Pretty excited, spent all day out there!
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby Lollykoko » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:45 pm

That photo is postcard quality. I love the curved roof on your pavilion!
Lollykoko

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:47 pm

We have not had much snow here this year, not yet anyway. It has been very warm most of the winter, untill now, lol. We are now way below normal for this time of year. I took these pictures last year I think. It will give you an idea of what sort of winters we get around here by the Mountains.

This is a picture of my garden in winter, you can see the 2 piles of leaves waiting to be used in the spring.

This is my butterfly garden, the sun dial was cast my my Great Grandfather

This is the stone wall and steps by the fire ring in the back yard, nice quiet spot

This is a slope mine opening behind the house, there are 3 of them on my property, I am making steps down into it and planting shade plants like Hostas and ferns. We will see how it turns out, when you have lemons, make lemon aid.
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby matt walker » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:16 pm

Beautiful pics Guy.

Lolly, I cut curved cedar branches from a nearby tree for the trusses on that little sheep shed. It's held up well, I love building little things like that.
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby matt walker » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:28 pm

Well, now that it's raining, here's a little recap of this week, and a glimpse into the very non-permaculture, stacked-function, nature of my plans. Hehehehe.

matt walker
Site Admin

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:38 pm

What do you mean that isn't permaculture. I thought enjoying your homestead was what permaculture was all about. :lol: Take care of the Land, Take care of the People, Share the wealth, or something like that, ;) Enjoy it while you can.
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby annah » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:17 am

Yep! Looks like my place! Didn't have school all last week!!
annah

Postby George Collins » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:46 am

It looks like Mississippi may skip having a winter altogether.

Today, while driving between one patient and another (I do home health) I saw a pear tree in bloom. The Deep South often experiences false starts to spring but since I've been aware of such, there hasn't been one THIS early. And I'm not blaming global warming. Rather there has been an exceptional number of cloudy days which has an insulative effect, preventing the heat from radiating away at night. (I think that's how it works anyway.)
"Solve world hunger, tell no one." "The, the, the . . . The Grinch!"

"If you can't beat them, bite them."
George Collins

Postby boo » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:38 am

Gosh snow looks beautiful when it's so thick. Loved the "stacked function" by the way Matt - I don't get snow where I live, but when I've gone to the snowfields and feel adventurous I try to snowboard and ski (I always end up skiing on my bum though) :lol:
boo

Next

Return to The Hangout